Clear all

[Solved] Yoast SEO in the forum

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@moracho)

Hi!

I want to have Yoast SEO installed for the rest of my website but not touch wpForo.

How do I configure Yoast SEO not to work with the forum?

6 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @moracho,

wpForo has a built-in SEO system with all necessary SEO data in forum pages, you should exclude the SEO plugin from forum pages. The SEO plugins can't work with wpForo. wpForo is not based on custom post types so, your SEO plugin has no chance to work for your forum unless this plugin devs make some special changes to make it compatible with wpForo. 

At the Moment only Yoast SEO, All-In-One SEO, The SEO Framework, SEOPress, and Rank Math SEO plugins are compatible with wpForo. These plugins are automatically disabled on wpForo forum pages allowing wpForo SEO functions work without any conflict. So saying compatible I mean those plugins don't affect wpForo SEO data and those don't insert any SE information in forum pages. If a SEO plugin is not compatible, it makes lots of problems, it understands all forum pages and topics as a one forum page with the same title and canonical URLs, so Search Engines will see your forum as a one page.