Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Please, please, please let us use other SEO plug-ins

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@rosevines)

I've searched through the topics on SEO and wpForo's answer seems to be "we handle it, don't bother with other SEO except for your non-forum site content". The problem is, wpForo doesn't do the job at all. My site is completely invisible to the Internet, despite many posts and the use of tags.

Please let us use Yoast or some other decent SEO solution instead. I love wpForo, but it's completely useless when it comes to SEO.

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

wpForo does the SEO job very well. No issues at all.

And other SEO plugins actually CAN'T be used because of the way wpForo is designed and coded.

If your site is not indexed or "invisible" as you say, it is not the fault of wpForo.

It would be nice to explain to us what is wpForo doing wrong in SEO.

(i see that your site is 4 months old, so that is the reason for your issues)

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @rosevines,

Please make sure you've inserted wpForo sitemaps into your Google Webmaster Tools. The forum sitemap URL can be found in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > General Tab. Here is the wpforo.com sitemap:  https://wpforo.com/community/sitemap.xml

Topic starter
(@rosevines)

Thank you! I think many people might find this a bit obscure, especially as most are used to using third-party plug-ins for SEO. Perhaps some clearer documentation within the plug-in panels would be useful?

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@rosevines wpForo doesn't use WP Custom Fields (as most plugins do) and has its "own" db tables (within Wordpress database).

That makes it impossible to use SEO plugins and CACHING plugins.

Because in simple words SEO and CACHING plugins do not "communicate" in any way with wpForo.

They do not "know" wpForo, they only "understand" plugins that use Custom Fields.