Clear all

[Closed] RankMath & WPForo compatibility

30 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@acornavi)
Eminent Member

After extensive research what is the best practice to combine RankMath SEO plugin with WPForo it seems the best is to remove RankMath from the pages generated by the WpForo. It is unclear how to do that exactly because many posts offer different options on RankMath and on WPForo support forums. I tried all the options without a result.

Also, I get NOINDEX meta from the WPForo SEO. I tried everything to change that but whenever I have WPForo enabled to run SEO meta robots is NOINDEX.

What is the best practice to use RankMath for all pages except the pages with WPForo?

Thank you!

29 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team
Posted by: @acornavi

After extensive research what is the best practice to combine RankMath SEO plugin with WPForo it seems the best is to remove RankMath from the pages generated by the WpForo.

It's already being done by wpForo core, just check your forums and topics meta titles and see if they are appropriate than all works fine, you have nothing to do.

5 Replies
(@acornavi)

Eminent Member

@martin

It means, I don't need to use any kind of PHP code? What should be RankMath configuration for the PAGE?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@acornavi,

There should not be any configuration for wpForo page. And you don't need to add any code. The current 1.7.7 version has all fixes and compatibility codes.

(@acornavi)

Eminent Member

When I check the web page source I can see both meta tags, from RankMath and WPForo.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@acornavi,

There could be some meta tags from RankMath . But there should not be title/description/canonical-url/ . Please leave a screenshot.

(@acornavi)

Eminent Member
(@martin)
Support Team

Also, I get NOINDEX meta from the WPForo SEO. I tried everything to change that but whenever I have WPForo enabled to run SEO meta robots is NOINDEX.

Please leave a direct URL to the forum. And let me know where you see the noindex meta?

5 Replies
(@acornavi)

Eminent Member
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@acornavi

Your forum is closed for guests. It has no chance to bi indexed by search engines.

(@acornavi)

Eminent Member

@robert So, WPForo checks if the forum is closed for the guests and make a page NOINDEX?

(@acornavi)

Eminent Member

Because, when I switch off WPForo and leave only RankMath it is indexed page and Google can index it. It will work for me if I can have the title to be a topic/forum name and a description of an excerpt from the topic content. Is this possible?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@acornavi,

I'm sorry but I don't follow you. If you disable some page for guests then you disable it for google, and I think the noindex tag is added by WordPress or RankMath .

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@robert

Screenshot

@acornavi,

Hmm... It's a mess.

Please disable the RankMath, delete all caches and take a new screenshot.

Topic starter
(@acornavi)
Eminent Member

Hi,

I switch off Rank Math, purged SG Optimizer cache, purged browser cache. This is the page source of the WPForo topic page when the user is logged in.

Page 1 / 3