Clear all

[Closed] RankMath & WPForo compatibility

30 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@acornavi)
Eminent Member

This is the page source when a user is not logged in. Then I can see noindex set up by the WPForo. Ok, now it is clear what is causing the problem. I hope this can be helpful to your team as well.

For example, I run RankMath to make front-page indexable and although it is under the login Google still indexes the page with all the meta tags set up by the Rank Math. If you search for the page it will be displayed in the search results and you can open it in a browser and enter it if you have credentials. It is good for a promotion to be able to index pages that are under the login.

Maybe you can add a menu option with index/noindex topic/forum pages.

Thank you

Topic starter
(@acornavi)
Eminent Member

This is the page source when the user is not logged in.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@acornavi,

This is nice and correct.

Topic starter
(@acornavi)
Eminent Member

This code removes RankMath from the page with a specific ID.

add_action( 'wp_head', function(){
	if( is_page('41944')) {
		remove_all_actions( 'rank_math/head' );
		add_action( 'wp_head', '_wp_render_title_tag', 2 );
	}
}, 1 );

Is there any way to make it work on all pages produced by WPForo so that other pages are RankMath SEO processed?

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@acornavi,

Ok, we'll use this too.

(@acornavi)

Eminent Member

@robert

How to remove RankMath only from the WPForo pages by using PHP snippet?

(@acornavi)

Eminent Member

@robert

I found this code. Is this ok to remove all RankMath META data from the pages with WPForo (/community)?

is_page function needs proper page ID, it is clear.

add_action( 'wp_head', function(){ if( is_page('432')) { remove_all_actions( 'rank_math/head' ); add_action( 'wp_head', '_wp_render_title_tag', 2 ); } }, 1 );
(@acornavi)

Eminent Member

What function WPForo use to render SEO meta to substitute this line of code

add_action( 'wp_head', '_wp_render_title_tag', 2 );

with WPForo SEO functions.

Also, how to remove NOINDEX generated by WPForo.

Thank you
(@martin)

Support Team

@acornavi,

The noindex is correct, if you have ?foro=signin GET requests in URL. Just check simple topic and forum pages, there should not be noindex. 

(@acornavi)

Eminent Member

@martin

I checked. IN case I'm logged in there is no NOINDEX. Hw to change that? Integration with RankMath need some revamping.

Topic starter
(@acornavi)
Eminent Member

I did a test by using PHP snippet to remove RankMath from WPForo pages. It works.

This is the WPForo SEO when RankMath is enabled.

<!-- wpForo SEO -->
<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />
<link rel="canonical" href="https://forum.biotherapy.asia/community/biotherapy-procedures/multiple-somatic-disorders-conversion-disorder/?foro=signin" />
<meta name="description" content="Q &amp; A" />
<meta property="og:title" content="Biotherapy students &amp; practicioners forum" />
<meta property="og:description" content="Q &amp; A" />
<meta property="og:url" content="https://forum.biotherapy.asia/community/biotherapy-procedures/multiple-somatic-disorders-conversion-disorder/?foro=signin" />
<meta property="og:site_name" content="Biotherapy Asia Students &amp; Practitioners Forum" />
<meta property="og:type" content="website" />
<meta name="twitter:description" content="Q &amp; A" />
<meta name="twitter:title" content="Biotherapy students &amp; practicioners forum" />
<meta property="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image" />
<!-- wpForo SEO End -->

This is WPForo SEO when RankMath is disabled.

<!-- wpForo SEO -->
<link rel="canonical" href="https://forum.biotherapy.asia/community/biotherapy-procedures/multiple-somatic-disorders-conversion-disorder/?foro=signin" />
<meta property="og:title" content="Biotherapy students &amp; practicioners forum" />
<meta property="og:url" content="https://forum.biotherapy.asia/community/biotherapy-procedures/multiple-somatic-disorders-conversion-disorder/?foro=signin" />
<meta property="og:site_name" content="Biotherapy Asia Students &amp; Practitioners Forum" />
<meta name="twitter:title" content="Biotherapy students &amp; practicioners forum" />
<!-- wpForo SEO End -->

This is WPForo SEO when RankMath is disabled and the snippet that removes RankMath from WPForo pages is disabled too.

Only forum sitemap is created but can't open it. There is no topic sitemap created by WPForo.

I noticed that only if I'm logged in I can see the sitemaps created by the WPForo.

<!-- wpForo SEO -->
<link rel="canonical" href="https://forum.biotherapy.asia/community/biotherapy-certification/module-a-video-practice-for-certification/?foro=signin" />
<meta property="og:url" content="https://forum.biotherapy.asia/community/biotherapy-certification/module-a-video-practice-for-certification/?foro=signin" />
<!-- wpForo SEO End -->

Please check with your team RankMath and WPForo compatibility because something is not right. Name and description meta is not right. NAME should be the name of the post and DESCRIPTION should be topis content.

Would be great if the integration with a RankMath is simeless because it is very popular and good SEO plugin.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@acornavi,

I'm sorry but this is the 3rd time we try to integrate it, but after each update of RankMath people report some issues. So i this this is a site specific issue and we have nothing to do here.

I recommend you open your forum so when we call a topic we could see the real content instead of a login page. Then delete all caches.

Also, deactivate all other plugins and test it again.  Make sure you are testing the correct topic url: https://forum.biotherapy.asia/community/biotherapy-certification/module-a-video-practice-for-certification/

Not the one with ?foro=signin.

Topic starter
(@acornavi)
Eminent Member

May I ask what produces ?foro=signin ? What is the condition that WPForo adds that to a URL? I'd like to understand so that I can proceed.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@acornavi,

If you add this part of the URL it opens login form, so the whole URL becomes the Login page and it doesn't need to be indexed. If you remove that part you'll see the original topic which doesn't have "noindex" meta tag and is ready for indexing.

Page 2 / 3