Suggestion [Solved] METABOX INTEGRATION and Presto player

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@kezeo)
Estimable Member

Hello

an idea for making WPFORO the best forum system is an integration with metabox https://metabox.io   and prestoplayer please 

THANK YOU

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @kezeo,

We have checked Presto player, and it works with wpForo only need to do 2 changes in wpForo

1. Go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab and Activate Enable WordPress Shortcodes in Post Content button.

2. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of wpForo 1.9.9.

3. Go to wp-content\plugins\wpforo\wpf-includes and find and open functions.php file.

4. Find line 416. Check the below screenshot

5. Delete or make that line as a comment. Check the below screenshot

6. Save the file and Refresh the browser by two time pressing CTRL + F5

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member
Posted by: @kezeo

an idea for making WPFORO the best forum system is an integration with metabox https://metabox.io

I'm sorry, but we can't integrate Metabox to wpForo the reason is that wpForo doesn’t use custom post types, so the topics and posts are not stored in wp_posts table, wpForo has its own tables for topics ( _wpforo_topics) and posts ( _wpforo_posts).
Custom post types are being stored in wp_posts and wp_postmeta table. All what you have in WP are already there. This becomes very large and heavy. CPT and the database architecture with wp_posts and wp_postmeta logic is terribly heavy for forums. Custom post types are not suitable for a professional and fast forum boards.

Topic starter
(@kezeo)
Estimable Member

Ok thank you very much about presto video player, always a best support.

about metabox, i thought i could be heavy, i 'am going to try to make  some suggestions to GVECTORS if it can create some fields like in  metabox

thank you again