Clear all

[Closed] Auto expand editor body in relation to text input

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Some of my users (me included) get into in-depth discussions on my forum. What would be great is the ability to auto expand the editor body (where text is added) so that it expands to the content in terms of height - or, as an alternative, allow the editor to be full screen

I know this can be done in TinyMCE - just not sure how to configure it for wpForo ?

Thanks

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Hmm. Thought that this would work, but doesn't seem to - perhaps the plugin isn't being loaded, or I'm calling the wrong ID

jQuery(window).load(function() {
tinyMCE.activeEditor.dom.addStyle('body{font-family: Lato, Helvetica, sans-serif !important;}');
tinymce.init({selector: "#postbody", plugins: "autoresize"});
});

Any ideas ?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @anonymous3542,

I'll ask our developers and let you know asap. 

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

@sofy thanks. However, I have this working now. Slightly convoluted, but works well.

Topic starter
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

@soft @robert sadly, the method I used to auto resize the editor area based on content doesn't like wpForo. I use the TinyMCE autoresize plugin which works fine, but then wpForo thinks the editor field is blank on submission, so I'm guessing the ID changes somewhere.

Back to the drawing board, and hoping that wpForo consider adding this feature as I think it should be in the core.