Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Registration Issues + Login Issues Eliminated with Ultimate Member?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@activatevision)
Trusted Member

By far the time I'm spending on WPforo integration is caught up in trying to implement a way for a new registrant to register from the WPforo registration screen... be approved by our Admins. Have a good communication loop so that the new registrant gets the approval notice and creates a password and logs in and then can edit their profile photo and personalize their information. 

There have been many issues with the two plugins recommended WP Approve User and New User Approve (header errors, php issues, white screens)...etc. 

If we purchase Ultimate Member will this give us a secure registration and log in process that eliminates the pain and hours of work I am putting in to no avail?

Appreciate your thoughts.

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @activatevision,

The native WP user registration is secure. You don't need any user Approval plugins and even Ultimate Member plugin for security. Please remove all plugins and use the native WordPress with wpForo. You should install Antispam plugins instead of using User Approval or UM. Here you can find the basic steps you need to make your user registration secure: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-stop-spam/

Posted by: @activatevision

If we purchase Ultimate Member will this give us a secure registration and log in process that eliminates the pain and hours of work I am putting in to no avail?

This is a profile builder plugin. With this plugin should do all the same steps to make your users registration secure. So it's better to do it with the native wpForo forum  without integrating another plugin.

Topic starter
(@activatevision)
Trusted Member

OK. We won't install Ultimate Member then.

However, I'm still a bit befuddled about how to create a process (using the WPforo registration page) where a new registrant registers and is then approved by our admins before interacting with the forum. We need to manually approve each registrant. Is there a good way to do this using native wordpress?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This can be created as a custom addon. Our support has already suggested you via email. I'm closing the topic.