[Closed] Role Management

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@nick81)
Eminent Member

Hello,
is it possible to extend the user and role management so that other functions can also be authorized? In the concrete case it is about the function to delete a user including posts. My solution was to create a wordpress role "wpf_delete_user_dashboard" and adjust it in the Members.php.

Members.php:281:                    return (current_user_can('wpf_delete_user_dashboard')

But also other functions are hardcoded linked to the "administrator" role

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @nick81,

The User Deletion Depends on the User Role. If the User Role is set to admin and the Usergroup has the needed can's the user would be able to delete other Users.

Topic starter
(@nick81)
Eminent Member

I dont want to set a user/group to the admin role. Board-mods should delete members with posts, but at the moment only admins can do this.

Another solution could be, if the user can delete itself with (or without) its own posts. Do you have a solution for that? The wordpress plugin "delete me" only deletes the user and wordpress posts, but wpforo posts are set to anonymous

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@nick81,

Sorry for misunderstanding.

1. Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Login & Registration and check "User Delete Method" option.

2. Navigate to Usergroups Page, and Edit the needed Usergroup Example: Moderator, enable "Dashboard - Can delete member" option.

Now Navigate to the User's wpForo Profile page and Press “Delete Account” Button, The red one.

The user would be deleted by the method you have chosen, for "User Delete Method" option