Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] The problem with the translation of the phrase. Please fix it!

41 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
Topic starter
(@adler11)
Estimable Member

Hello, dear developers! I discovered an unpleasant feature of wpForo when using the "threaded" category! Unfortunately, the possibility of flexible work with images and screenshots is not implemented on your support forum (the "wp For Advanced Attachments" addon), so for the sake of each screenshot I will have to publish a separate message. So, the essence of the problem: there is such a phrase (see screenshot):

40 Replies
Topic starter
(@adler11)
Estimable Member

The same phrase is in the response thread (see screenshot):

Topic starter
(@adler11)
Estimable Member

I was surprised to find out that this is the same phrase in the "Phrases" section and, when trying to change it somehow, it changes the same in both places indicated by me (see screenshot):

Topic starter
(@adler11)
Estimable Member

As a result, if this
does not cause any complaints on the main page of the forum, then in the message thread this causes cognitive dissonance in the perfectionist's brain. The fact is that everything is fine in English: "Replies" for all occasions and, at the same time, there are no mistakes. But in some other languages, for example, in my native language, there is an error with singular and plural numbers. For example, "4 Ответа" and "5 Ответов", agree, looks different! See the screenshot:

Topic starter
(@adler11)
Estimable Member

But there is a way to fix it! My suggestion is as follows:
First: is it possible to separate these translations and slightly change the phrase for the response branch? There is no need to change the option for the main page of the forum, everything is fine with it.
Second: is it possible to change the phrase for the response thread so that it becomes like in the screenshot? See the screenshot:

Page 1 / 3