Clear all

[Closed] WPFORO overloading MYSQL server

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@stevenminix)
Trusted Member

WPFORO is overloading MYSQL. I have followed your tutorial on database tables to no effect.

6 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

wpForo doesn't overload anything.

This could be related to your hosting, errors in your DB (check it within wpForo admin options and tools) or you use a caching with wpForo. Caching doesn't work with wpForo and some caching plugins create problems with wpForo sessions (users get mixed login/logout statuses).

Topic starter
(@stevenminix)
Trusted Member

I have a very powerful dedicated server so I doubt it is my host.

I am using w3 total cache with all of the exclusions required to prevent caching on wpforo

I ran a database check of my tables and DID get some issues showing up....

"

The indexes parentid and parentid_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes status and status_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes order and order_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes is_cat and is_cat_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.

Problems with indexes of table `wp_wpforo_posts`

The indexes email and email_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes status and status_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes is_first_post and is_first_post_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes is_answer and is_answer_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes created and created_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes userid and userid_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes forumid and forumid_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes topicid and topicid_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.

Problems with indexes of table `wp_wpforo_topics`

The indexes type and type_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes modified and modified_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes created and created_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes first_postid and first_postid_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
 The indexes forumid and forumid_2 seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed."

looks like some duplicate indexes? How do I fix this? Could this cause my slowdown and load issues?

I HAVE ATTACHED A SCREENSHOT OF THE WPFORO_FORUMS TABLE STRUCTURE SO YOU CAN SEE THE DUPLICATE INDEXES. SHOULD i DROP THE DUPLICATES?
4 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

@stevenminix,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug > Tables tab and check database tables. If you see any error, please click the [Solve Database Problems] button. Then navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Tools admin page and check the Errors & Issues Tab.

Also, please read this FAQ topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/forum-is-slow/

(@stevenminix)

Trusted Member

@alvina

well your proprietary tables scanner shows nothing but clearly I proved that there are duplicate indexes in the table structures. So I still need to know from a developer here if those duplicates need to be dropped.

as for the error logs. There were several PHP errors and some Database errors. I cant make heads or tails of them but I will paste them below for someone who knows what to look for.....

[24-Dec-2019 18:34:27 UTC] PHP Warning: strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/sminix84/[HIDDEN].com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 3391

[28-Dec-2019 10:57:59 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/sminix84/[HIDDEN]/wp-content/plugins/video-embed-thumbnail-generator/video-embed-thumbnail-generator.php on line 1200

[22-Dec-2019 11:18:35 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate key name 'meta_key' for query ALTER TABLE wp_bp_xprofile_meta ADD KEY `meta_key` (`meta_key`(191)) made by do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_admin_init, do_action('bp_admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_setup_updater, bp_version_updater, bp_core_install, bp_core_install_extended_profiles, dbDelta

[22-Dec-2019 11:18:35 UTC] WordPress database error Can't DROP INDEX `meta_key`; check that it exists for query ALTER TABLE wp_bp_xprofile_meta DROP INDEX meta_key made by do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_admin_init, do_action('bp_admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_setup_updater, bp_version_updater, bp_core_install, bp_pre_schema_upgrade

[22-Dec-2019 11:18:35 UTC] WordPress database error Can't DROP INDEX `meta_key`; check that it exists for query ALTER TABLE wp_bp_notifications_meta DROP INDEX meta_key made by do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_admin_init, do_action('bp_admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_setup_updater, bp_version_updater, bp_core_install, bp_pre_schema_upgrade

[22-Dec-2019 11:18:35 UTC] WordPress database error Can't DROP INDEX `meta_key`; check that it exists for query ALTER TABLE wp_bp_activity_meta DROP INDEX meta_key made by do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_admin_init, do_action('bp_admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bp_setup_updater, bp_version_updater, bp_core_install, bp_pre_schema_upgrade

[18-Dec-2019 01:32:20 UTC] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant ‘__return_false’ - assumed '‘__return_false’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/sminix84/[HIDDEN]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 7388

[18-Dec-2019 01:32:20 UTC] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant ‘big_image_size_threshold’ - assumed '‘big_image_size_threshold’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/sminix84/[HIDDEN]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 7388

[18-Dec-2019 00:59:10 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of Theme_Quiet_Skin::feedback($string) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader_Skin::feedback($string, ...$args) in /home/sminix84/[HIDDEN]/wp-content/plugins/wp-script-core/admin/class/class-installer.php on line 165

[18-Dec-2019 00:59:10 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of Plugin_Quiet_Skin::feedback($string) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader_Skin::feedback($string, ...$args) in /home/sminix84/[HIDDEN]/wp-content/plugins/wp-script-core/admin/class/class-installer.php on line 159

Alvina
(@alvina)

@stevenminix,

So I still need to know from a developer here if those duplicates need to be dropped.

Yes, you can drop the duplicates.

(@stevenminix)

Trusted Member

@alvina

what about the PHP errors and DB errors I pasted?