Entire site crashes...

Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Entire site crashes after 1.9.5 update because of bp-profile-search plugin conflict

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@island-nature-trust)

I have a staging site setup and following the plugin upgrade to 1.9.5 I get a critical error on the front-end 

https://staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/

Notice: is_singular was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5311

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on null in /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-includes/link-template.php:378 Stack trace: #0 /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-includes/link-template.php(340): _get_page_link(Object(WP_Post), false, false) #1 /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-content/plugins/bp-profile-search/bps-directory.php(45): get_page_link(Object(WP_Post)) #2 /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-content/plugins/bp-profile-search/bps-directory.php(22): bps_directories() #3 /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-content/plugins/bp-profile-search/bps-directory.php(318): bps_is_directory() #4 /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): bps_custom_directory(Array) #5 /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-includes/plugin.php(212): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #6 /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-functions.php(551): a in /home/isla6524/staging.islandnaturetrust.ca/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 378

Looks like a conflict with BP Profile Search plugin. Once disabled and with Wp Foro active - the website functions again.

Not sure how to fix this if someone can help?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

This issue doesn't have any relation to wpForo plugin.

The issue comes from the bp-profile-search plugin. Please deactivate the plugin, then navigate to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks admin page and just click on the "Save Changes" button. You'll see the issue is solved. 

Topic starter
(@island-nature-trust)

Thanks for the suggestion. That didn't resolve the issue unfortunately.

I've posted in BP Profile Search support...

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@island-nature-trust,

I'm sorry but this error cannot be fixed from wpForo side, because the error comes from other plugin file: /wp-content/plugins/bp-profile-search/bps-directory.php, we cannot do any changes in other pluguns: