Upon updating to the latest version of wordpress (v 5.5), my wpForo sitemap seems to have stopped working.
Assuming this is probably a bug since adding native sitemap support is one of the new features rolled out with wp 5.5.
A quick update - I was able to restore the wpForo sitemap by disabling the native WP sitemap by adding the following filter:
wpForo works fine with WP 5.5. and there is not any problem with the sitemap as you can see it here at wpForo.com. We use WP 5.5. Our sitemap is this: https://wpforo.com/community/sitemap.xml
I think the problem in the way you use wpForo. Please let me know if you've enabled "Turn WordPress to wpForo" option in Forums > Settings > General Tab. It seems the issue is only related to this option or this is not even a general issue, this is a site specific issue.
Yes, as it turns out I do have the "Turn WordPress to wpForo" option enabled on my install.
I suspect this is not site specific in my case as I have a dedicated WP environment running the forum only. I've tried disabling all other plugins, and the issue persists until I add the filter referenced in my last post.