[Solved] Wpforo 2.2.7

10 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@blade)
Eminent Member

Hello.

I updated Elementor and also wpforo at the same time.

When i try to get to the admin panel i get critical error, when i deactivate wpforo plugin I can access the admin panel.

Just to let you know.

Wordpress multisite selfhosted

9 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please find error log files and provide them.

It seems the plugin files have been corrupted or crashed. I'd recommend delete wpForo and install it again. Also make sure you have enough disk space.

Topic starter
(@blade)
Eminent Member

@robert

Not sure how to get the error logs when I cannot login.

I removed WpForo and downloaded again, when i activate it goes direct to critical error

I have 140GB free disk space

I have downgraded to version 2.2.4 & it works when i upgrage again to 2.2.7 i get critical error

7 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@blade You enable standard Wordpress debug to a LOG via ftp.

https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

And check that file again via ftp. The errors (if any) are in there.

... and we NEVER do more than one update at once.....

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@blade,

Also, please provide some details about your server. What PHP version do you use?

(@blade)

Eminent Member

@robert 

I will get the log details tonight

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Server 12 core 16Gb Ram

Wordpress 6.4.1

PHP 8.1.18 SQL is up to date

Wordpress site Health = passed all

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Ok @blade,

Then we'll need error logs to understand what's going on. Please follow to @dimalifragis's reply to enable the debug mode and do the same steps to get that problem.

(@blade)

Eminent Member

@robert 

This is all I could find from the debug. No errors in the error log

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wpforo\wpfval() in /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php:449 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(290): wpforo\wpforo->create_folders() #1 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): wpforo\wpforo->wpforo\{closure}() #2 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters() #3 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action() #4 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(443): do_action() #5 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(370): wpforo\wpforo->init_folders() #6 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(326): wpforo\wpforo->after_switch_blog() #7 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters() #8 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action() #9 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-includes/ms-blogs.php(585): do_action() #10 /var/www/html/wordpress/public_html/wp-includes/ms-blogs.php(367): switch_to_blog() #11 /var/www/html

(@martin)

Support Team

Hi @blade,

This issue is fixed. You'll need to update wpForo to 2.2.8 version. It'll be released today.

(@blade)

Eminent Member

@martin 

Thank you. 😀