Clear all

[Closed] Registration form is not executing the required user_register action

15 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@floriand)
Hi there,

In order to allow any new member to subscribe to the newsletter during the registration process, I am using getresponse plugin.
The plugin is adding a checkbox on the registration form as you can see here.

The issue is that the email is not captured when an user is checking this box. 
I reached out getresponse support, and they are telling me there is an issue with the registration form. 

Here the information they provided me after some testing : 
"It appears your registration form is not executing the required user_register action after registration - that action is associated to all hooks using data from registration form. Perhaps this is not a standard WP form but some custom one or one added via a different plugin.
Also, the registration template must collect the standard values:
user_email
user_login
Without those values and user_register action the subscription will not be triggered."

Could you please support on this issue ? 

Best regards

Florian
14 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @floriand,

Let try this, deactivate that getresponse plugin, and try the reg form workability.

1 Reply
(@floriand)

Hi @chris
The form is working well with or without the plugin from user point of view.
But I don't know how to check the hooks / standard values collected... sorry I have no experience in coding, I don't figured out how to retrieve this data on my site. ☹️ 
Could you please provide more explanations on how I check what you are asking ? 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Remove this:

<!--
	generated in 1.223 seconds
	296771 bytes batcached for 300 seconds
-->

from your website, totally.

If you want some caching plugin, install some good one, like Fastest Cache, BUT Exclude the wpForo page.

2 Replies
(@floriand)

Hi @dimalifragis 
Thank you for the support.
Could you please explain how I remove this from my site please ? 
For the caching plugin, I am using WP Rocket, and I followed the instructions provided by wpforo team : I added the following lines to the "never cache URL(s) section" 

/community/(.*)

/participant/(.*)

/sign-up/(.*)

/sign-in/(.*)

/change-password/(.*)

/forum/(.*)

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@floriand So you are using wpRocket AND a second cache?

"batcache" is a second caching. I have no idea what that is and how to remove it. Ask your hosting support.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member
Posted by: @dimalifragis

I have no idea what that is

"batcache" (Site Accelerator) is a part of Jetpack

5 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@tutrix I don't think so.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@dimalifragis 

i do not know jetpack, but have read this

content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
cache-control: max-age=278, must-revalidate
x-nananana: Batcache

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@dimalifragis 

I think "FlorianD" will know what he has installed and can disable it or exclude wpforo from it 😉 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@tutrix Apparently he doesn't.

Hi @dimalifragis 
Thank you for the support.
Could you please explain how I remove this from my site please ? 

Topic starter
(@floriand)

Hi all

Here the feedback I had on all the points mentioned in your messages :

1/ Disable getresponse plugin and try the registration form workability

I did it, with the support of getresponse support. Then she provided me the following information:

What the issue is, is that it sends this request as required when a contact is signing up.

So if you want to be able to add contacts vis our plugin, it needs to be removed.

Did wpforo provide you some more information regardingt he required user_register action after registration and if it's possible to disable it?

user_register is not sent by us, so please ask the wpforo support about this field and if they can help you remove it.

As to:

user_email

user_login

are standard values that need to be used.

2/ What is batcache

I asked wordpress support, here the answer: 

Batcache WordPress page caching is one of the multiple levels of caching wordpress uses to ensure your site loads quickly and efficiently. Plugin-enabled wordpress sites use four different types of server-side caching. Each is responsible for caching different aspects of the website:

• Batcache – HTML page cache
  • Object Caching – Database query cache
  • OpCache – PHP code cache
  • Global CDN – Static asset cache

To achieve page caching, we use a drop-in plugin called Batcache, which is "symlinked" as advanced-cache.php in the wp-content folder on every WordPress.com site.

Batcache stores and serves rendered pages. In a nutshell, when your page receives two visits within a period of two minutes, a cached version of the page is stored on the second visit for five minutes. Future visitors will receive the cached version for five minutes, after which a fresh render of the site will be used.

I'm not sure how if wpForo is asking you to disable Batcache, which we would suggest against. I'd recommend that you confirm with both third-party plugins if deactivating Batcache is necessary. In the meantime, I've enabled site cache control on your site, so you can try clearing your site's cache at the bottom of the page below whenever you think that site cache might be causing issues on your site

3/ Do I have any cache plugin except WP Rocket ? 

I don't have any other plugin for cache management. 

It is taking some time to collect all the information because it is quite new for me and I have a job aside this project, but it is important to solve it. So thank you for you patience and for your time 😊

Page 1 / 2