[Closed] How to show only one forum part for subscriptions

18 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Hi,

We have a public forum (TCTN forum) and another forum (ASE Supervision Group Forum) that only a certain usergroup is allowed to view. When I do a test registration I want this user to be able to view and subscribe to topics of the TCTN forum but I don`t want that test user to view the option to subscribe to the ASE Supervision Forum. How can this be achieved? In the screenshot you can see that the test user is able to subscribe to the ASE Supervision Group Forum too, which is what should be avoided.

17 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @janjan,

Check this Link:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/#post-39664
https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/categories-and-forums/forum-manager/add-new-forum/

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

@Chris - Thank you, I had already looked at this extensively yesterday but could not figure out how to avoid showing the subscription option for a particular forum for a certain usergroup. If this cannot be achieved, then we would have to disable the option for any member to subscribe to any posts. How can this be achieved?

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Hi @Chris,

To make my enquiry more clear perhaps:

Please see screenshot attached. "ASE Supervision Group Forum" subscription option for topics and posts should not appear to standard subscribers, they should only see "Transpersonal and Coaching & Therapy Network forum" subscription option.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@janjan,

Check that Can subscribe Forum Access option is disabled for the Forum Access, which is set for Standard Subscribers in the Forums and Categories Forum Permissions Field.

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

@Chris,

I have looked in wpForo-Accesses- and then edited the Standard access for Registered Usergroups and disabled " can subscribe", but I don`t think that is what you mean?

I also went to the forum in question and looked at the Forum permissions, but that doesn`t seem to be the right place either, see screenshot.

With these two settings applied, a test registration still showed the subscription option for the ASE Supervision forum.

I would appreciate if you could list the steps on how to get to the option that should be disabled please.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@janjan,

You want to make ACN a Private Forum, with no access, subscription options, hide the Forum from... for the needed users or just disallow the needed users to subscribe the ACN Forum?

Page 1 / 3