Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Allow Guests to Post, With Moderation

7 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@charlesghc)

I am trying to set up my forum to allow guests to post, pending moderator approval. However, these posts are visible to guests before they are approved by a moderator. Registered users do not see the post, however.

How can I allow guests to post without anyone seeing the post before it is approved?

Thanks

6 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi charlesghc,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups, edit the current Usergroup and uncheck/disable "Can pass moderation" permission. 

More information about wpForo spam control you can find here:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-2-0-is-released/

Topic starter
(@charlesghc)

That option has already been disabled. When a guest posts, everyone but registered users can see it. I want to make it so that nobody can see it before moderation.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @charlesghc,

Guest A cannot see Guest B unapproved posts. Only the owner Guest B and admins can see that topic posts. There is only one case that Guest A can see the title of Guest B unapproved topic, but when Guest A clicks on that topic it's redirects to login page, so the content is not available for other Guest A and other guests until it's not approved.

So the only issue is related to the title listed under Forums as recent topic list in Extended Layout.

And this is a cache issue. If you click on [Delete all caches] in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page  this unapporved topic title will be hidden for Guest A and other guests and users.

Solution

As a solution I recommend temporary disable the "Object Cache" in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab. We'll fix this issue in future releases.

(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

I have a problem in that guests (people who are reading the forum, but  not logged in and have read-only access) are no longer able see topic page numbers or able to see posts made on a previous page of a topic. Can this be changed so they can read earlier pages of a topic?  They say it is a problem that recently started about a month ago.  I don't know how to fix it. 

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi @jeanne,

As far as I understand you there is no topic pagination, isn't it? If yes, please read this support topic, here Robert described the reason for the issue:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/topic-pages-disappeared/#post-26229

Page 1 / 2