Clear all

[Solved] Broken URLs after upgrading

11 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@seancallahan)
Estimable Member

Every time I try to upgrade from 2.17 to the latest version of WP Foro the URL structure breaks on most posts. This time, I decided to setup a staging site to see if I can figure it out. When hovering over a post on the homepage of my staging site, the URL looks correct, but once clicking on it the post URLs shows as  "/?attachment_id=#post-35226" and redirects back to the homepage each time without loading the post. As an example, click the post called "underbody". This happens to most posts but not all. I tried following what was listed in this article thinking there is some sort of re-direct setting, but can't locate it within WP Foro and don't have any plugins with these settings.  This issue has prevented me from upgrading to the latest version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CC: @chris 

10 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @seancallahan,

Try the following:

1. Delete wpForo caches in Dashboard > wpForo > Overview admin page, use [Delete all caches] button.

2. If you have a cache plugin, please make sure the forum page is excluded from cache.

3. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and click the [Update options] to update permalink structure.

1 Reply
(@seancallahan)

Estimable Member

@martin Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't work. The site also doesn't have any caching layer. This article suggests disabling "Redirect Attachments" which I don't see.

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/all-wpforo-pages-redirect-to-home-page/#post-103265

Topic starter
(@seancallahan)
Estimable Member

Still having issues. Anyone else experience something similar? Happy to provide access to my staging site. Unsure what to do to fix URLs breaking. Can't upgrade until this is fixed.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@seancallahan,

If there is an existing example of broken URL you can send admin login details and the screenshot of the topic to support[at]gvectors.com email address. Our team will check it within 1-2 days.

(@seancallahan)

Estimable Member

@robert I just emailed login credentials for my staging site. An example would be clicking on the post called "underbody" and it loads "https://staging-forums-fiskerati.mystagingwebsite.com/?attachment_id%3D%23post-35226&source=gmail&ust=1698505230768000&usg=AOvVaw2tC4_7MhF0FMnkj7XZPPV 0"> https://staging-forums-fiskerati.mystagingwebsite.com/?attachment_id=#post-35226 " and redirects to the homepage instead of loading the post.

Topic starter
(@seancallahan)
Estimable Member

Thought there might be a third-party plugin causing this issue, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I've disabled all plugins, except WP Foro plugins, and the issue persists. Any ideas what could be breaking URLs upgrading from 2.17 to the latest version?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @seancallahan,

Sorry for the late reply. Please fix the reCAPTCHA API configuration to let people login using wpForo login page.

We've logged-in using WordPress admin login form and found out the user doesn't have administrator role.

(@seancallahan)

Estimable Member

@robert Hi Robert, I've added both support@ and info@ as admin users. Also, disabled CAPTCHA. Please let me know if you can login now. Thank you!

Topic starter
(@seancallahan)
Estimable Member

Any luck @robert identifying what is breaking URLs with the upgrade from 2.17 to current version?

Page 1 / 2