Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Code conflicts with other plugin

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@ssslakk7722)

Greetings,

I have a forms plugin that conflicts with some code in wpForo. We delete the wpforo code, flush the cache and it returns the next time we log in.

Here's the code from the wpForo plugin Editor

in wpf-themes>classic>colors.css

This code conflicts. and automatically returns when deleted.

.entry-content form button {
background: #ffffff !important;
}

Thoughts?

Thanks

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @ssslakk7722,

This is not wpForo core CSS, this has been added by you or by your website developer in Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea. If it does some wrong thing, just remove it from the mentioned textarea, save and delete all caches.

1 Reply
(@ssslakk7722)

@robert 

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, I figured it out last night that it was an additional CSS code added by the coder to solve a glitch.

Don't know what the mentioned textarea is. Is that where they added the additional CSS code? If it is in the plugin editor, then you are incorrect because it continues to regenerate. We deleted, cleared machine, internet, website cache and it returned the next log in.

It is a code needed to resolve a different glitch, so we'll keep working on it.

Thanks for helping. 

(@martin)
Support Team
Posted by: @ssslakk7722

Don't know what the mentioned textarea is. Is that where they added the additional CSS code?

Here is that, check the css code inside this textarea, find it and delete. Then save it.

Topic starter
(@ssslakk7722)

Thanks, That's a new way for me to get to the code, so I'll give it a try.  The screwy thing is that it isn't even a fix for something in the forums' plugin.

1 Reply
(@martin)

Support Team

@ssslakk7722 ,

You have nothing to try, just check the content of that textarea, if you have found the conflict maker CSS code, delete it and save.

Search for this code and remove it from the textarea: 

.entry-content form button { 
background: #ffffff !important;
}

then click the [Update options] button below that admin page:

Topic starter
(@ssslakk7722)

Did that

I save and it returns.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ssslakk7722,

It means either you have a hard cache system in server and website or this is your local browser cache issue. Make sure all kind of caches are properly deleted and if you have a CDN, its properly purged.

(@ssslakk7722)

@robert 

Thank you Robert and all who tried to help. The 2nd Tier technicians got things figured out. Since it was a group hosted WordPress site, the cache had to expire on it's own. The other caches were cleared multiple times. It took about 24 hours for the group hosted cache to cycle through.

How do I mark this closed or answered?

Thanks