Style [Closed] Custom CSS classic Theme

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@wp-henne)
Trusted Member

Hello!

I would like to adjust the menu color in the classic theme (and other things). Unfortunately I do not get further, because some colors are set by !important.

In the backend it is shown under "Color & Styles" that I can put the color.css under /themes/classic and change it. Does not work either.

Likewise does not work to propagate on that page in the backend at "custom CSS code" other values.

In detail I need to change the settings for the menu for instance

.wpforo-active

color and background-color.

Thanks for any advice

3 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Hi @wp-henne

try (custom CSS)

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .wpforo-active {
background-color: #ff0000 !important;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .wpforo-active a {
color: #ffffff !important;
}
2 Replies
(@wp-henne)

Trusted Member

Thank You @tutrix !

That brings me a little further, in detail I still have this problem now (see atached pix)
I would like that - like in the normal WP menu - with sub menu entries only the entry belonging to the current page is in the color or evenly with closed menu the main menu.

But with this ruleset it doesn't work:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-active,#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu li:hover,#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .current-menu-ancestor,#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .current-menu-parent,#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .current_page_item {
	background-color: #f0f0f0!important;
	color: #D067A9!important;
}

However, the "basic" problem remains: I can't change the other things like buttons, because the color.css is being processed from somewhere else and not the file I uploaded below the theme folder in wpForo.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@wp-henne 

use for the submenu

Example

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu li > ul > li.wpforo-active {background: #ff0000}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu li > ul > li.wpforo-active a {color: #ffffff}

you can also add the CSS code at the end of style.css
but you have to insert it again after a wpForo update