Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to change login length during registration?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@sexo80)

Dear users, please help. Is it possible to somehow reduce the length of the login in WPForo during registration. In my forum for the last 5 days, spammers register and enter sites and some other information in the login. I want to shorten the login length.

4 Replies
1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @sexo80

Dear users, please help. Is it possible to somehow reduce the length of the login in WPForo during registration. In my forum for the last 5 days, spammers register and enter sites and some other information in the login. I want to shorten the login length.

Login/register/emails are ALL handled by Wordpress core. wpForo just provides a form for easyness.

Install and use some protection plugin, a firewall, a login/register protection or whatever you like and need most.

(@wp-henne)
Trusted Member

Hello @sexo80

Maybe for the first step it can already help to embed the registration form in an encoder, so that it cannot be visited and filled in by scripts?

See here my general information: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/prevention-of-spam-due-to-encoding-of-the-entire-forum/

Embedding the forum in the encoder also makes sense!

For you then this code necessary after you have installed the plugin:

[eeb_protect_content protection_text="Please activate Javascript to view the form." method="rot13" do_shortcode="yes"]
[wppb-register]
[/eeb_protect_content]

I think that will certainly help until you here to your actual question anworten have. Which I by the way do not quite understand 😉

(@wp-henne)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @sexo80

I want to shorten the login length.

Why don't you switch the forum to "Register with admin approval"?

Topic starter
(@sexo80)

I have bot protection systems installed. I have now figured out the spammer - this is a 100% human. I will manually delete the users created by him.