Clear all

[Closed] database corrupted, out of the blue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

Dear Support, by looking into dashboard>tools I have discovered a long list of database tables indicated with “missing fields”.  The “resolve” button doesn’t do anything, there is a message to execute a SQL but it’s a long command and I cannot copy-paste it into the terminal.

On checking the database I got a series of errors related only to Wpforo, like the following:

[mydatabase.wp_wpforo_accesses] Unknown storage engine ‘InnoDB’

[mydatabase.wp_wpforo_accesses] Corrupt

and so on for many tables.

Besides, everything is corrupted, in the debug window I get a huge list of issues, and the usergroups are not found. I have even tried to unistall/reinstall but the issue persists.

As a matter of fact, my forum is not visible anymore, I get a 404 screen in the section where my forum used to be, because the forum have been deleted in my backend !!

Please come to my aid, this is urgent ! Thank you

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@agendavolo,

1. InnoDB engine is turned off in Your MySQL DB server. That's wrong, First Fix that.

If you have done a new installation of wpForo, please Uninstall wpForo, so all data would be deleted. And install it again, but after you turn on the InnoDB engine.

Provide Admin access via info[at]gvectors.com email, If you have updated wpForo from 1.x version to 2.x version and have content which shouldn't be deleted.

Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

Hello, this is resolved but I'd like your feedback about the solution, in case you got something to mention.

For some reasons, RoundCube (an email app) within my cPanel had suddenly disabled InnoDB. My host has fixed it and Wpforo returned to its original state. They mentioned that the details of all websites are stored in a single RoundCube database and this makes the database very big. Even if MySQL server is running, often there can be missing or buggy tables in RoundCube database. That’s why, in cPanel server, when RoundCube cannot connect to the database then it shows error message.

Now, I have 2 warnings left for WpForo, which I hope you can clarify:

1) wp_mail () not functioning. I don't use that function, but how can I fix the error warning?

2) a huge public_html/error_log list. Can I clear that from within WpForo tools?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@agendavolo,

Posted by: @agendavolo

1) wp_mail () not functioning. I don't use that function, but how can I fix the error warning?

wpForo shows the warning as it is not working, or fix it or pass the warning.

Link to solve: https://wpmailsmtp.com/why-wp_mail-is-not-working/

Posted by: @agendavolo

2) a huge public_html/error_log list. Can I clear that from within WpForo tools?

Please provide a screenshot that we can see the errors.

Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

godday, here I include a screenshot of the log errors (much longer than what the image shows). Looking forward to your opinion.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@agendavolo,

wpForo is not allowed to delete all error logs files. You will need to use cPanel File Manager or with FTP, to Enter WordPress Folders and delete them.

Locations can be:

1. WordPress root directory: Name /error_log
  2. wp-content/debug.log
  3. /wp-admin/error_log