Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Disable the save button to avoid duplicate messages

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@joekotvas)
Eminent Member

I'm having an issue where forum members are clicking the save button several times when the page takes a moment to load.  This shouldn't result in duplicate content, but it does.

I would consider this a bug.  I'm playing around with Javascript to disable the button after it has been clicked once, but I haven't gotten it to work yet. When I add a click handler to the button, it no longer submits the form.

I'm still trying to write a javascript hack to fix this, but a core solution would obviously be ideal.

3 Replies
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

From experience and it works on my site.
I disabled the member's cache
Also excluded /community/ path from being cached in WP Super Cache Settings.

My philosophy, and I may be wrong, that only static data should be cashed and dynamic data should be flushed to the storage device ASAP.
The down side [I think] - more i/o and extra bandwidth but for me the integrity and the accuracy is more important as long as I stay under 1-2 seconds delay.

I'm not an expert and will wait for @Robert word on this issue.

Your idea to disable the button is good, but I think that it should be done at the core level by the developers.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: yossik
Also excluded /community/ path from being cached in WP Super Cache Settings.

My philosophy, and I may be wrong, that only static data should be cashed and dynamic data should be flushed to the storage device ASAP.
The down side [I think] - more i/o and extra bandwidth but for me the integrity and the accuracy is more important as long as I stay under 1-2 seconds delay.

Being for a long time in the (support) hosting business, the only Caching plugin i trust for Wordpress is Comet Cache. The only one that actually works right and doesn't cause problems.

It the case of wpForo it works but doesn't refresh right. So, wpForo excluded from the caching.

And no, static and dynamic stuff can be cached if the caching code is good.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

We'll add it in our to-do. I can't suggest any code.