[Closed] Email links don't jump anymore to the last post

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

Hi,

Since the "great update" (v2), the links in the notification emails don't jump anymore to the last post of a thread. 

Instead, you land at the top of the thread.

Is there something changed about this (very practical) function?

Did I miss a new parameter somewhere?

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

HI @maxelio42,

If the link is not for a current post(with post ID), it will jump to the latest unread post if you have enabled Topic Links - Jump to First Unread Post from Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Action Logging & Views

Topic starter
(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer, ... but the point is that I don't know how to insert a link with post ID in the notification email.

It seems not to be possible with the plugin parameters, the only proposal is the shortcode [topic_link], which lands at the top of the thread.

Please see in attachment, the way my email template is set.

What should I do to have a direct link to the answer post?

Topic starter
(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

I just found the right shortcode : [post_url]

Perhaps would it be useful to add it to the email template "new reply notification"?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@maxelio42,

I guess that can be useful.

(@nutritionchat)
Estimable Member

I only just encountered this issue from a user suggestion (personally, I don't use email notifications).

As discussed, I agree that it would be useful for the default email to include the [post_url] shortcode to jump to the last read post - particularly important when it's notification to a new reply to a subsscribed thread.

Thanks, guys. 🙂