Clear all

[Closed] Emoji Issues

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@highisland)
Eminent Member

Hi - I had a user report issues with emojis and it appears many are having the same issue:

"Did anyone manage to discover the "rules" to using emojis ? Sometimes they work, sometimes they send the post to the nether realms. The worst thing is when quoting a post that contains emojis, I have to make sure to go back and remove them all, otherwise I lose the message. Sometimes they work in a new topic, but not always. Otherwise, all bets are off and they create these empty posts that no one can open... 

I think they should be disabled completely if they are so unstable that we can never trust them. This is too bad, I feel that a little emoticon once in a while helps to make sure people understand the intended tone, plus it brightens up the place."

I tried replying to a post with a couple emojis and got a "Reply Request error" message in the upper right hand corner.  Can anyone help?

5 Replies
1 Reply
(@diegopino)

Estimable Member

Posted by: @highisland

Hi - I had a user report issues with emojis and it appears many are having the same issue:

"Did anyone manage to discover the "rules" to using emojis ? Sometimes they work, sometimes they send the post to the nether realms. The worst thing is when quoting a post that contains emojis, I have to make sure to go back and remove them all, otherwise I lose the message. Sometimes they work in a new topic, but not always. Otherwise, all bets are off and they create these empty posts that no one can open... 

I think they should be disabled completely if they are so unstable that we can never trust them. This is too bad, I feel that a little emoticon once in a while helps to make sure people understand the intended tone, plus it brightens up the place."

I tried replying to a post with a couple emojis and got a "Reply Request error" message in the upper right hand corner.  Can anyone help?

For my community haved issue of Emoji  from (Versión 2.1.6) with emojis to post.

to reproduce the error you can see the video, its hard to explain:

https://youtu.be/MkOCmika-kA

And report in that URL:
Emoji Error – How-to and Troubleshooting – wpForo Support Forum

( https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/emoji-error/)

I think we should give the developers time to study the error.

emojis are important part of communication.

In the present time they are widely used by users, is something important to pay attention to that issue.

Best Regards

bye

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member
2 Replies
(@highisland)

Eminent Member

@dimalifragis thanks for the reply - do you know if that's a cloudflare issue?  Or a permissions issue on my side?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@highisland Sorry, i have no idea what this is or come from.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@highisland:

After fixing the errors Check your DB charset it should be utf-8 mb4

Solution for changing charset:  https://wpforo.com/community/faq/emoji-does-not-work-errors-topic-add-error-and-reply-failed/