12 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
NSH
 NSH
(@studio500)
Estimable Member

Just to interject here.

My site is hosted through siteground and I don't have any issues at all as long as I have the two pages set as per installation instructions:

I did have this same problem upon initial installation but this was due to a miss match of URL's

Is your staging URL currently different from your site URL by any chance as I think this would cause similar issues.

I hope this helps.

1 Reply
(@mitchcan)

Eminent Member

Yeah, as I mentioned in the original post, this is only associated with staging, and that is specifically because of the way their system creates the URL. As SG said "when creating a new staging site, the tool does not update URLs in its database. The new site would keep using the same home and siteurl. "

Which then creates this conflict, as the site I am working on has the staging1.url structure (and the SG setup does not have the 'staging1' part).

The workaround Robert mentioned above resolves this issue on the staging site.

(@lioruser)
Eminent Member

Hi

I am using Gtranslate plugin that has a different subdomain per each language

The above fix made the error disappear but that doesnt help because the topic was not saved into the forum - the page just redirected to itself

And then there s another error - 

Failed to load plugin: wpforo_spoiler_button from url https://www.forumrealestateusa.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wpforo_spoiler_button/plugin.min.js

Why the plugin doesnt use relative links instead of absolute ones?

The domain www.forumrealestateusa.com is not a real domain but the english version of the site

Is there a way to set a constant HTTP_REFERER of the original domain?

(@lioruser)
Eminent Member

I have tried to comment that entire block to see if it will just not check the referral, but now when posting a topic, the worker wheel just spins for ever

// I have commented the entire section to have the forum enter posts because Gtranslate have differet HTTP_REFERER for each post
// if( $mode == 'ref' || $mode == 'full'){
//
// if( !isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) || !$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] ) {
//
// //exit('Error 2252 | Please contact to forum admin.');
//
// }
//
// $ref = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
//
// $url = get_bloginfo('url');
//
// $ref_domain = trim(strtolower(parse_url($ref, PHP_URL_HOST)));
//
// $web_domain = trim(strtolower(parse_url($url, PHP_URL_HOST)));
//
// if( $ref_domain != $web_domain ){
//
// //exit('Error 2253 | Please contact to forum admin.');
//
// }
//
// }

(@lioruser)
Eminent Member

I see that if I am logged in, the above commenting worked and the post got into the forum

If I am logged out and entering email and name, the post is just disregarded and not being entered and also not going for moderation

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team
Posted by: @lioruser

If I am logged out and entering email and name, the post is just disregarded and not being entered and also not going for moderation

Please leave the forum URL where this issue occurs. 

Page 2 / 3