Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Error:: There was a problem processing your registration.

8 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@daphnedelay)

Hi! Love the plugin and ready to launch it but already hit a snag with my assistant... she isn't able to register. She added her username, email, checked the "not a spammer" and agree to receive link/password boxes but then gets the above error message (red box in top right corner). It stops there.

I've reviewed all your forum topics that I could find on registration errors/help. I'm stumped! Any help would be a blessing. Thanks!

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This is not wpForo Error. This error comes from other plugin. Please disable all plugins for registration form protection (CAPTCHA, reCAPTCHA, stop-spams, security,  etc...).

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

The reason could also be User Approval plugins. So, please check all, just disable all and try to register.

(@daphnedelay)

@robert ok thanks, I fixed the plugin issue (deactivated all and reactivated until I found the conflict) so thanks again!

My assistant was able to register, but she’s been waiting for quite awhile for the “set password” email. It hasn’t shown up anywhere (not even in spam folder). Any idea what’s happening there?

Topic starter
(@daphnedelay)

Hi, following up on this... I've been working on the last stated problem for a week now (see last comment from me regarding no password email showing up). 

I added the plugin WP SMTP EMAIL to set up transactional emails so my users will receive their password set up email according to your forum instructions (see screen shot), but the password email never shows up (although the test email and WP registration email work great).

Please advise... I sent out a newsletter announcing the forum, which looks great btw, but I sure would like it to work! Appreciate ANY HELP from ANYONE who might read this 😀

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@daphnedelay

I'll found the following link it may help you, please check it: https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/228115/login-email-after-registration-never-sent-or-received

Topic starter
(@daphnedelay)

Thanks for the help! I contacted my host and verified I had the right credentials, and I did. So I went back and reviewed the Forum > Settings > Features again and reset the Enable User Registration to YES and the Enable User Registration Email Confirmation to NO, and it works now!

1 Reply
(@daphnedelay)