Clear all

[Solved] Getting 404 error for logged in users

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
 TV1
Topic starter
(@tv1)

Hi team, I am getting 404 error for logged in users. When a guest user sees the forum, it works well. However when a user logs in to give a reply etc, the page goes completely blank or throws 404 error. This error happens for non-admin users. Admin users are working well. My experts are not able to provide response to the asked doubts. Can you please suggest a solution for this? Thanks

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @tv1,

This could be either, a plugin conflict, forum permission settings issue or wrong redirection URL set in wpForo > Settings > Login & Register admin page for "Custom Redirection URLs" options:

Please check all one by one. If you cannot find the problem maker insert current user profile URL or the forum home page or something else for the "Redirect after login" option. This will be an alternative solution. 

3 Replies
 TV1
(@tv1)

@robert thanks a lot for your reply

I tried to disabling all the plugins, however the issue is still there. I also added the redirect link as suggested, however the issue still persists - i have attached the screenshot, I have disabled every single plugin other than wpforo still the issue persists 🙁

Admin users / logged out (guests) can still see the forum properly

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@tv1,

This is Usergroup <> Forum access configuration issue. You have misconfigured your usergroup permissions with forum accesses.

You should edit each Forum Access and make sure you've granted "forum view", "forum enter" and "topic view" accesses to the usergroups you're currently tested. Read this topic and become familiar with wpForo forum accesses and usergroup permissions: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/#post-39664

Also, make sure there is no Database Issues. Go to Dashboard > wpForo > Tools > Database tables tab and check problems.

TV1
(@tv1)

@robert Brilliant, this worked. Thank you so much!