Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Group sync

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@thoand)

Hello,

I have several roles in Wordpress, which are filed with users from LDAP. I am able to sync new users to a specific wpForo usergroup, but I have two problems.

• users once in a specific group are not removed, even if they are added to another role
  • as a workaround I tried to delete the group, but this option is not given by must of the usergroups

What I was unable to test, was if upcoming users will be added to the specific groups automaticaly, or if I have to click the sync button. It would be so cool, if I could replace bbPress with wpForo, but this is where I got stuck.

regards,
thoand

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@thoand)

Hi There,

I now testet, upcoming users or changes of the assigned role are synced automatically.

That users are not removed was wrong, but from the groups I cannot delete, they only got removed when they are added to another group.

So the only Problem is, that I am unable to remove unneded groups. Or users from these "default" groups.

regards,
thoand

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@thoand,

You can delete users in Dashboard > Users tab.

The default usergroups cannot be deleted. Please read this topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/cannot-delete-user-group/#post-52783

Topic starter
(@thoand)

@robert,

does this only delete the users from wpForo, or from Wordpress as well? I no have set these default group to "no access" for my forums, this worked for me.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@thoand,

wpForo users are the same WordPress users. When you delete a user in Dashboard > users admin page it removes the user from all WordPress plugins, as well as from wpForo.