Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] hidden users are visible in statistics

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

I have discussed this before and thought it was solved but it isn't. So either WpForo updates changed something or the solution was not properly addressed.

I have created a users' role with no permission whatsoever, and all my fake users are moved under this role. Plus, my Guests are set to view statistics but NOT members.

So why is it that non-logged in people can see the total number of such hidden users?

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@agendavolo,

The number of users doesn't check hidden users. You can not reduce that number by putting some users to some usergroup. The users should be inactive to be hidden. The inactive users are the users who have not confirmed their registration by clicking the URL sent to their email.

There is no other ways to remove users from the members count. The members count shows the number of members, it doesn't matter what usergroup they have and who can see them.

4 Replies
(@agendavolo)

Trusted Member

@robert that's one further clarification and I thank you for it.

So, in a way I could make them inactive since they are created for database purposes (i.e. each be assigned to their own custom post types) but are not public (i.e. they must not show in the forum or elsewhere), could I? They are not registered in the real sense, it's me who have registered as free users.

In the same manner, once they are made inactive, there's no need to have a "fake users" usergroup... thay can just stay in the "registered" usergroup, right?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @agendavolo

In the same manner, once they are made inactive, there's no need to have a "fake users" usergroup... thay can just stay in the "registered" usergroup, right?

Yes, you don't need any usergroup if you set them inactive. You can do that directly in the database > wp_wpforo_profiles table. Just set "inactive" in the user status field. There is no other way to do this:

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

After each manipulation in the database, you should go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete all caches] button.

If you have a cache plugin, don't forget to delete that cache as well.

(@agendavolo)

Trusted Member

I noticed I couldn't make them inactive from the backend, so I shall use the database... thanks for the tip 🙃

Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

sorry, just one last help... I'm trying to simulate this query to change users from active to inactive, but it fails:

UPDATE wp_wpforo_profiles SET status='active' WHERE status='inactive';

Can you please tell me the correct query?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@agendavolo,

This SQL changes all inactive users to active. So, all your users are now active. As far as i remember you wanted the vise versa.

Also, make sure the wp_ table prefix is correct.

Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

...silly me 🤣 it was the other way around, as you confirmed! Thank you!