wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to edit forum user profile

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @jeffjjones,

This is not wpForo core related issue. The problem may come from, UM, Lazy Load, optimizing plugin from the theme or another plugin in your website, you have to find out where is the problem coming from.

WpForo has 3 avatar variants, if default avatar is selected wpForo uses WordPress avatar system so if the issue on WordPress will be solved wpForo will show the avatars correctly.

How you see in the screenshots below, my avatar is showing correctly, that's because I have added the avatar by wpForo account.

2 Replies
JeffJJones
(@jeffjjones)

Trusted Member

@chris 

Thanks for your efforts Chris. 

I don't feel like I am communicating my questions/issues to you correctly.

There was never an issue with assigning a picture by specifying a URL or uploading an avatar. These work as expected; and as you have illustrated above.

The two questions/issues are:

1. How does a registered user of my WP website gain access to their Forum account profile? I know that <url>/forums/account will take them there. But aside from providing that link on the page, how does the user themselves get to that page? Once they have created a post/reply, they can get there by clicking on their name on the post/reply, but how do they get to that page without previously adding a post or reply? This is the original/initial question.
  2. This question was added on when I asked in a reply how you get the initials in a circle by default when the user has not supplied their own Avatar. You said that the Leira Letter plugin did it. I installed this plugin, but my forums still show an empty circle for users that have not specified an Avatar for their account. So what am I doing wrong here?

Note: I am unable to Paste screenshots into this post, as I am able to do in my own forums; as you have done above.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member
Posted by: @jeffjjones
  1. How does a registered user of my WP website gain access to their Forum account profile? I know that <url>/forums/account will take them there. But aside from providing that link on the page, how does the user themselves get to that page? Once they have created a post/reply, they can get there by clicking on their name on the post/reply, but how do they get to that page without previously adding a post or reply? This is the original/initial question.

Your users can access her profile via the menu item My Profile

Forum Menu

or via the widget wpForo User Profile and Notifications

wpForo Widgets

watch this video > https://www.screencast.com/t/pWG0E28P

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member
Posted by: @jeffjjones

1. This question was added on when I asked in a reply how you get the initials in a circle by default when the user has not supplied their own Avatar. You said that the Leira Letter plugin did it. I installed this plugin, but my forums still show an empty circle for users that have not specified an Avatar for their account. So what am I doing wrong here?

also enabled here?

Wordpress > Dashboard > Settings > Discussion > Default Avatar > "Letters (Generated)"

Page 2 / 2