wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to edit forum user profile

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

I can edit my profile once I have added a reply/topic by clicking on my name/nickname next to the topic/reply.

Question: how does a user setup their profile Avatar (e.g. access their forum user profile) before they have posted/replied? I can't figure out how to tell my customers to access their profile until they have posted/replied.

9 Replies
JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Follow-up: here on this site, I see that if the user has not setup a profile avatar, then you display what appears to be the first-letter of their name ("J" in this case) in a green circle. How do I enable that feature on my forums? https://birdersdiary.com/forum/

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

Hi @jeffjjones,

Posted by: @jeffjjones

I can edit my profile once I have added a reply/topic by clicking on my name/nickname next to the topic/reply.

Question: how does a user setup their profile Avatar (e.g. access their forum user profile) before they have posted/replied? I can't figure out how to tell my customers to access their profile until they have posted/replied.

It seems there is a cache issue.

Please follow the steps below: 

1. Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on the [Delete all caches] and [Delete User Cache] button.

2. If you have a cache plugin installed exclude the wpForo forum page from your cache plugin. Here is good information about that:   https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

3. Delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend and check again.

Posted by: @jeffjjones

Follow-up: here on this site, I see that if the user has not setup a profile avatar, then you display what appears to be the first-letter of their name ("J" in this case) in a green circle. How do I enable that feature on my forums? https://birdersdiary.com/forum/

You need "Leira Letter Avatar" plugin for that.

JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Thanks for the info on the plugin for Leira Letter Avatar.

But, I am not sure you answered my question in the first post above. I may have a cache problem, but the question remains, how does a user edit their Forum profile if they have never posted/replied before? Where is the link to that? I am sure it is somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. 

Afterwards, I found that <siteurl>/forums/account does allow the user to get there, but should there be a link to this somewhere on the forums page?

Thanks again. 

JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Update: I did as you suggested and a) Delete All Caches, and b) Delete User Cache. I don't believe that I have any cache plugin. Then Ctrl+F5 twice on my forum page.

Not sure what I was expecting to see from this, but no change that I can see.

fyi

JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Update: I added the Leira Letter Avatar plugin. Activated it.

Deleted all caches; delete user cache; refreshed Forum page twice; no Avatars. 

Perhaps I am missing a step.

I am by no means a WP expert.

Page 1 / 2