Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] How to highlight text background colour

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@marides)

This is a great piece of forum software however, I am currently having major issues on the one thing I need the most and that is being able to simply highlight any text with a background colour? If I install any text editor with wordpress I am able to use the editor to perform that task with any new post, page etc but it will not work on the forum text editor section as the icons to perform the task do not appear.

I desperately need a simple way to highlight text background colour in the same way one can change the text colour. Is this possible? If not, is there anyway I can disable your text editor and use for example TinyMCE Advanced that has this option enabled?

Thank-you

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @marides,

Thank you for using wpForo and for contacting us.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Add the following code in the active theme functions.php file 

add_filter('wpforo_editor_settings', 'custom_wpforo_editor_settings');
function custom_wpforo_editor_settings($setting){
if( strpos($setting['tinymce']['toolbar1'], 'backcolor') === false ) $setting['tinymce']['toolbar1'] = str_replace('forecolor,', 'forecolor,backcolor,', $setting['tinymce']['toolbar1']);
return $setting;
}

2. To change the icon of the button, put the following code in the "Custom CSS code" located in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page:

#mceu_6 .mce-i-backcolor:before {
content: "\f100" !important;
}

3. Delete all caches and press CTRL+F5 (twice) on the frontend. 

Topic starter
(@marides)

Excellent, Thank-you so very much I can't tell you how grateful I am. Excellent product and excellent service. I will leave a review and help spread the word.

Thanks again!!

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Thank you very much @marides