Clear all

[Closed] Image near authors name

8 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@berndg)
Reputable Member

We will soon offer a voluntary subscription to support our forum. For this I would like to show already in the overviews next to the name of an author a small image and of course also next to the author name above the postings.

Question: Can this be realized with the existing software (also add ons)? Or should I ask GVectors for a special programming?

Thanks for ideas, Bernd

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Posted by: @berndg

For this I would like to show already in the overviews next to the name of an author a small image and of course also next to the author name above the postings.

Please show these two locations on a screenshot.

4 Replies
(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@robert Thanks for caring, Robert. Honestly, there are three areas, I marked it with red circles in the three screenshots, in two places a short text would be additionally desirable.

(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@robert Hi Robert, any idea if possible or should I reach out to gvectors for programming an addon to do that? Thanks for your help, Bernd

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

Hi @berndg 

You can use a secondary user group for this purpose
Like "Support Team" next to Robert's (@ robert)
This is not a image and will not show up everywhere, but it serves the purpose

(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@tutrix Thanks for the idea. Although we actually want to show it everywhere, I will try out.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I think this requires lots of changes in wpForo template files. Also it's not clear how the user will get that budge and where it comes from the database. You should ask for custom codling, I don't see any solution with native wpForo functions. 

Here is the documentation how to customize wpForo template files: 

1 Reply
(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@robert Thanks for caring, I'll reach out to Gvectors.