Notifications
Clear all

Is there a way to troubleshoot a member not being send email notifications?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
moptop
Topic starter
(@moptop)
Eminent Member

I have a member (subscriber) who is not receiving email notifications for any posts or topics despite being subscribed to all of them. This is unique for this member, as other members with the same level are receiving notifications by email.

I am running PostSMTP with the Mailgun API, so I have multiple logs to check and confirm that he is not being sent the notifications. No email is being generated to his address.

How would I go about troubleshooting just this one subscriber? I have deactivated all his subscriptions, saved and then reactivated them through my admin access, but this did not fix it.

Is there somewhere I should be looking for a setting for a single user?

Thanks in advance.

wpForo Version
WordPress Version
Topic Tags
4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @moptop

Here is the full list of troubleshooting: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/not-receiving-automatic-replynotificationconfirmation-emails/#post-5344

3 Replies
moptop
(@moptop)

Eminent Member

@robert Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I have checked all of these things. And the email notification system is working for others, just not this single user. I don't have email confirmations turned on as it's a private forum.

Is there any way to troubleshoot a single user?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@moptop,

Ok, then I have no other suggestion.

moptop
(@moptop)

Eminent Member

@robert Thanks for your honesty. I think the best thing to do will be to delete the user account and have him create a new one, and hopefully the new account will function properly.