Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Issue with Google Search - Organic Description

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@wikifinancepedia)

I liked the plugin and I have implemented this plugin in my financial community but I do not like its SEO. 

Firstly, there is an issue with not showing proper description in google search engine. Please check the attached image file: Google Organic Description.png for reference.

Find below my observation:

1. When I search some text which is mentioned in center of the article in quora then it is properly searching the text from whole content and showing in the description and based on that it is bringing website on the top list.

2. Same thing when I search some text which is mentioned in center of the article in my website: wikifinancepedia.com then it is not properly searching the text from whole content and not showing in the description as well as not showing my website on the top list.

3. I tried to search some random text mentioned in my article but everytime when searching in google it shows initial sentences instead of relevant content.

If there is no fix for this then, I will have to move to other plugin as this is important for me. As it is not getting populated through organic search.

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi wikifinancepedia,

Please note, that wpForo generates meta tags based on your topic title and first post content. You can view source of your topics and check those content. For example this page:

https://wikifinancepedia.com/wiki-community/business-startups/how-did-you-come-up-with-your-business-idea

Meta Data for Google are:

This is maximum can do forum for Google. wpForo can't directly customize the description of search result. This is made by Google, and I don't think there is any forum which can do this. You can try other forums and see the result.

Topic starter
(@wikifinancepedia)

This is limiting my organic search users which is not good for me. I need to find some solution for it.

For example: when I search text "single entry system problems and solutions wikifinancepedia" in google, I see that if finds the text from whole blog post and search it due to which my blog post comes on the top list. Check the attached screenshot "Wikifinancepedia - Blog Post.png"

My Findings: when I see the background code of my blog post Single Entry System I see that is no tag like <meta name="description"> and all my blog post are google search engine friendly.

Conclusion: If the solution to this problem is this tag then is there a way to comment or disable this code in this plugin?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: wikifinancepedia

This is limiting my organic search users which is not good for me. I need to find some solution for it.

For example: when I search text "single entry system problems and solutions wikifinancepedia" in google, I see that if finds the text from whole blog post and search it due to which my blog post comes on the top list. Check the attached screenshot "Wikifinancepedia - Blog Post.png"

My Findings: when I see the background code of my blog post Single Entry System I see that is no tag like <meta name="description"> and all my blog post are google search engine friendly.

Conclusion: If the solution to this problem is this tag then is there a way to comment or disable this code in this plugin?

This is not truth, there is no such relation. The description tag doesn't stop google index the whole text. Also don't think that your topic posts are not indexed. All is indexed well and the description tag doesn't stop it. This is a google logic. wpForo has nothing to do here. You should ask this question Google Support and understand why you have such example. And please not that's not a general example. We see very good result on other forums, and results come from other posts of topic not only from the description part.

Example Topic: https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-5-4-is-released/

I'm searching this phrase in Google: "Display Admins with Topic Viewers (Forums > Settings..."

The result come from the whole content not from Meta Description:

Google: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awpforo.com+Display+Admins+with+Topic+Viewers+(Forums+>+Settings+>+Topics+%26+Posts+Tab)

Screenshot:

I'm closing this topic here. We can provide more examples that the having meta description doesn't limit Google indexing. Also that wpForo SEO works well and allows all search engines index whole content of topics with replies. There is no any issue here. You may have some single cases which only comes from Google result displaying logics. This kind of questions should be asked in Google Support communities.