[Closed] Issues after update to 2.0

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@michelacosta)
Eminent Member

My users report that:

- They can't use "reply with quote" button, but selecting a piece of text and clicking the popup quote symbol works.

- When they enter a multi-page topic, the forum don't go automatically to the first unread post, as it used to do.

10 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @michelacosta,

about the first unread post: go to Dashboard > wpForo > Action Logging & Views and enable Topic Links - Jump to First Unread Post

About the Quotes, I guess you have JS error, you can check that using the browser Console tab.

Open the console(press f12 and select Console)

Press CTRL + L to clean the Console then press the quotes button, and see does the JS error appear or not.

If the JS error appeared, you should find where it comes from and solve that, and try the Quotes button again.

And also, you have issue with the reCaptcha I tried to log in your forum but couldn't do that because of the reCaptcha issue.

9 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@chris That site has a HUGE ammount of js and other errors and crashes in browser console.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@dimalifragis,

Yes that's true. And that's not all of them, which is shown in the console.

(@michelacosta)

Eminent Member

@chris yes, all of them are caused by ezoic plugin which I need to have evabled in order to monetize the site. Tomorrow I will try to disable this plugin and check if both issues are gone.

Btw, "Topic Links - Jump to First Unread Post" is enabled and It doesn't work. Maybe it's also the js redirection what is failing.

Thanks for your time. I'll get back to you when I check with ezoic plugin disabled.

(@michelacosta)

Eminent Member

Hi again @chris and @dimalifragis

I've been checking the issue with "quote" button and it's something with tinymce

With no other js errors in console, when I click on "quote" button, this error shows up:

(@michelacosta)

Eminent Member

@chris @dimalifragis

More info about the error on tinymce.min.js file

(@michelacosta)

Eminent Member

@chris @dimalifragis

You have to take in count that the problem with redirect happens when you are logged in. And when you're logged in, ezoic does not show ads, so there are no js errors, no bad requests, nothing.

(@michelacosta)

Eminent Member

@chris this option is checked but the redirect to first unread post is not working (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't). No errors in console when it does not work, btw.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@michelacosta,

I see the forum pages are affected by JS/CSS and HTML minimzer. This could be a cache plugin minimizer/optimizer function, or this could be a separate optimizer plugin. It also adds synch / defer states to JS files and kills all wpForo JS functions.

Please find the plugin which does the minimizing and optimizing of JS/HTML and disable it for forum pages, if it doesn't have an option to exclude some pages then you should deactivate and remove it.

(@michelacosta)

Eminent Member

@robert thanks! i will take a look!