Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Love this Plugin - quick question about colors for the top menu background

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@trgolden)
Eminent Member

So glad to have found this plugin.  Was looking for a wordpress forum, read the reviews, chose this one and so glad I did.  Simple, elegant, practical, great community and it works!  And yes, I will be writing a review.

It has been very simple to set up and the documentation has been excellent.  However, I have run into one problem that I can't figure out.  I have searched the forums and failed to find an answer.  It may be that my theme and system are different somehow.  Anyway, the top menu background color on installation was a very dark gray.  The text color of the top menu is a deep blue that is very tough to see on the dark gray background.  I found that color #3 is the color for the top menu background so I changed it to a lighter color and it solved the problem....but it also changed the color of the post text and so now with the top menu background being a very light gray, the post text is also a light gray and has little contrast and is basically invisible!  I am sure there must be a way to change the background color of the top menu without changing the text color but I can't figure it out.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks. Tom

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you @trgolden,

Please change #3 color back and use custom CSS mentioned in the documentation:

Change the red marked hexadecimal color code and put it in Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea. Then save it, delete all caches, go to forum front-end and press Ctrl+F5 to reset browser cache:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu { background-color:#000000; }

1 Reply
(@trgolden)

Eminent Member

@robert Thank you Sir!  Just what I needed.  Many thanks.