Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Member Reputation > fontawesome not responding?

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Homdax
Topic starter
(@homdax)
Eminent Member

I am looking to do some changes in the member Reputation section, https://wpforo.com/docs/root/members/member-reputation/  , looking for other icons and graphics instead of default, but https://fontawesome.io/icons/ is not available. I realise this may not be something you can do anything about, but how can I do this in another way?

7 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @homdax,

Please find all fontawesome icons here: https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery&m=free

Homdax
Topic starter
(@homdax)
Eminent Member

mm, but that is the same place...? Maybe the link from wpForo plugin  is wrong somehow...

1 Reply
(@martin)

Support Team

@homdax

This URL opens all Fontawesome icons, what else you are searching for? Just click on some icon, copy the icon class names and put it in your reputation badge settings.

Homdax
Topic starter
(@homdax)
Eminent Member

The link from your interface points to www.fontawesome.io . Not www.fontawesome.com

How would I replace that with custom icons made from stuff not available in fontawesome?
2 Replies
(@martin)

Support Team

@homdax

Icons are not loaded from font-awesome websites, so it doesn't matter what link is in dashboard and what is in real. Fontawesome people have changed own website link, that way it's not the same. Just forget about the site URL and do what you need to do.

First choose an icon you want, for example I choose this one:

Then click on that icon and open icon data. Copy the class names like I've displayed on screenshot.

When you click on that item, it copies the whole code <i class="fas fa-air-freshener"></i>, you can paste it in the setting field and remove unnecessary red marked parts, so the option value should only be the class names fas fa-air-freshener:

There are hundreds of icons in this lib so you can choose whatever you want. But there is no way to upload custom icon.

Homdax
(@homdax)

Eminent Member
Posted by: @martin

There are hundreds of icons in this lib so you can choose whatever you want. But there is no way to upload custom icon.

Bummer. Unless you create your own fontawesome library which I read about. Not very awesome. Ah well it's a minor thing.

yojit_cooldude
(@yojit_cooldude)

My issue is a little different than of the icon issue, but i am looking for quick resposne from the team that is why posting 

Can I get full control of the reputation system as an admin on my forum? What I mean is :-

Rather than providing min number of posts for members to reach higher level. I control which member should be granted what level. 

P.S I know that i can manually grant them a level, but if they again exceed the min number of posts they will level up, but I wish to restrict them at one level.