Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Migration issue?

17 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

I created a clone of a working website and I'm getting this error when I try to activate the wpforo plugin:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: fclose(): Argument #1 ($stream) must be of type resource, bool given in /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/functions.php:843 Stack trace: #0 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/functions.php(843): fclose(false) #1 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/functions.php(1171): wpforo_write_file('/home/athensmas...', 0) #2 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(589): get_wpf_option('wpforo_use_home...', 0) #3 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(139): wpForo->init_options() #4 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(112): wpForo->__construct() #5 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(1156): wpForo::instance() #6 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(1161): WPF() #7 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(2286): include_once('/home/athensmas...') #8 /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(191): plugin_sandbox_scrape('wpforo/wpforo.p...') #9 {main} thrown in /home/athensmassage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/functions.php on line 843

I tried deleting the plugin folder and re-download it, and still get the same error. Searching the forums, I noticed that this sometimes is a permissions problem, but wp-content and uploads folders are set to 755 permissions.

16 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Is that PHP 8?

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @central4allgmail-com,

Can you explain to us how did you do the clone? And I recommend you to use Duplicator – WordPress Migration Plugin for such operations.

Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

The migration was done using VaultPress. It allows to restore a backup to a different server. Yes it's PHP 8.0 in fact both the old and the new website provide the exact same info when using phpinfo, all modules etc are the same. The website works if I disable wpforo and the old website works fine with wpforo active, which is what is so confusing.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@central4allgmail-com,

Try using another migration plugin like Duplicator or something else.

Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

It's not easy to use a duplicator plugin outside jetpack due to the size (about 40GB) and since jetpack is the more "official" WordPress backup/restore I don't see why I need another backup/restore plugin for it.

It's there anything we can get from the stack trace?

Page 1 / 2