[Closed] Post counter is not working correctly

12 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
Topic starter
(@berndg)
Reputable Member

Hi,

I had to find out today that the post counter is not working correctly - but not for all ...

Means: For some, counted posts are displayed in the forum or the profile - for others not. But all belong to the same user group, there is no difference. I attach a screenshot of the user "harley", who should have written about 1,300 posts, his counter in the profile is set to zero.

Likewise, in the member overview of several users the written posts / topics are displayed, but the username is missing.

Has anyone any idea?

Yours, Bernd

11 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Since you forum is private, i can only guess: if the URL is /participants/username, it is NOT excluded from caching (if you have one running).

I mean the participants page is NOT a child of the excluded "forum" or "community" or whatever. It is a stray page.

So, it should be also EXCLUDED from caching.

1 Reply
(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@dimalifragis Thanks for caring. /participants/" is already excluded in WPRocket, like the other pages that need to be excluded (Robert gave a hint)

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Hi @berndg

Dashboard > wpforo > Overview > Update User Statistics

1 Reply
(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@tutrix Thanks for caring. Unfortunately, this did not change anything ...

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@berndg,

What manipulation have you done with the forum and database? Have you done something with your user account?

wpForo doesn't have such bug, you've done some change, so you should provide deeper information to let us help you.

Have you clicked the [Delete User Cache] button in Dashboard > wpForo > Overview admin page?

6 Replies
(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@robert There would be no one in the world more happy than me if this bug did not exist. But it does.

I myself did not do anything. I installed WPForo-update, that's all, loaded the updated addons und installed them. The only thing different might be, that we have been running a custom addon, programmed bei GVEctors, and are waiting for the update we ordered so that we can run it again.

This addon adds a counter that counts days from a certain event, that's all. And yes, I deleted the user cache since, more then once. And WPRocket cache as well.

(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@robert And to add something else: This is what our membership page looks like. Some names are shown, for others you can only guess a number that is largely hidden under the picture (see attached screenshot).

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@berndg,

Use this CSS code:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-members .wpforo-member .wpforo-member-head {
    min-height: 100px;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-members .wpforo-member .wpf-member-avatar {
    min-width: 25px;
}

The bug would be fixed in the new update.

(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@chris Thanks, Chris. I get it right, that tis is for the members page and not for the counter-problem, right?

We are on the right way, the usernames are shown again, but they are now partly overlaid by a grey dot, can you look at it again on the screenshot?

Thanks, Bernd

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@berndg,

check the CSS code I provided, It has been edited.

(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@chris Perfect, concerning the members page! Thanks for caring!