Clear all

[Closed] Profile Banner not saving

15 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@tekboi)
Eminent Member

I am having trouble with the profile banner for users. I'm sure this is probably user error but I'll do my best to explain what's happening.

The major issue I'm having is that the uploaded banner images do no save to the profile. When I upload the images, it shows in the profile. But as soon as I navigate away from the page or refresh the page, it resets back to the default. 

Is there something to check for or did I miss a setting that might solve for this?

Also, I have noticed that registered users are not allowed to upload their own banners at all.

I'm sure this is probably a permissions issue. But for the life of me, I cannot find out where I can adjust permissions for users to the can update their own user profiles.

I have attached footage to demonstrate what is happening. 

14 Replies
Topic starter
(@tekboi)
Eminent Member

Incase this helps. Here is the server information as it relates to wpForo

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

In your video, i see no SAVE after uploading. Do you save? Do you see a save button?

If not saved, you are using the default again.

1 Reply
(@tekboi)

Eminent Member

@dimalifragis 

In the profile view, there is no "Save" button.

If I go into my user settings and change it there, when I hit the Save button, it still reverts back to the placeholder image.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Ok, then even after saving, it doesn't "save".

Can you check (while doing all that) if there are any errors in your browser console (F12)? I mean for example when uploading the image or saving?

Do you use ANY caching?

Topic starter
(@tekboi)
Eminent Member

No caching that I am aware of @dimalifragis , unless Wordpress has some sort of built-in caching feature that I'm unaware of.

Also here is a video of the console. I didn't notice any large errors that would prohibit this feature from working. So I'm pretty clueless at this point.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@tekboi,

This could be a user cache issue. Try to delete user cache in wpForo > Overview admin page

Press F12 and got to Network tab, then upload the image, it'll show AJAX request error if something is blocked.

If you have a cache plugin, please find your plugin in this list and do the instruction to exclude all paths, including the /participant/ path, from your cache: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/#post-37150

Please disable all security plugins if you have.

Try incognito/private session in your browser. The BG image might be hard cached in the browser and F5 doesn't help.

(@tekboi)

Eminent Member

@Robert 

I have tried this and did not see an error on the admin-ajax.php. Here are a few more notes after trying to debug:

• It doesn't work in mobile nor desktop
  • The issue persist in Incognito/Private mode
  • Going into the wpForo setting to change the default banner image also did not work

I'm wondering if it's a folder permissions issue? I just think that would be strange because everything else seems to function correctly so far. This one really has me stumped. 

Just for the sake of due diligence, I attached footage.

Page 1 / 2