Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Reply with attachment fails

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@ghutchnet)
Eminent Member

When I did my first evaluations and test of wpforu I tested image uploads and they worked great.  I am unsure when they stopped working.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Ok, turn also on Wordpress debug ON and debug to a log to ON (true)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

And when you do what it doesn't work, press (before) F12 and see your browser's console.

If all those are clear, then it could be a permission issue, ask your hosting company to see the real error and fix it.

2 Replies
(@ghutchnet)

Eminent Member

@dimalifragis Any other suggestions?  I have run all of the clean up tools in the plugin, the debug area shows no database issues, I have removed many of the other plugins that I thought might interfere.  I have also tried a very small attachment to be sure the failure is not size related - it also failed.

Could the path to the WordPress install be an issue?  Could WPForo be having problems with the path when it's time to display the new topic?  As I stated, the attachment uploads to the host so permissions don't seem to be the issue.  Permissions for the upload area is 0755.  After the upload completes is when the internal server error message shows up.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@ghutchnet No. That error is cryptic and can only be explained by your hosting company (they have the full logs).

Topic starter
(@ghutchnet)
Eminent Member

I have turned on WP debug and only got a few deprecated define errors in my theme.  Nothing that would indicate an error with attachment uploads.  It seems strange to get a 500 error and not see it in the WP debug error logs.  I suppose it must be a hosting error.  I will check there next.

Page 2 / 2