8 Likes
dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@robert @chris

Can you PLEASE PLEASE comment on that:

Hello!

When TSF detects WPForo’s seo-meta setting as enabled, TSF disables its meta output on WPForo pages.

I’m not sure what WPForo changed in 2.0 (we have not been made aware there’d be a major update), but if it has an SEO setting, toggle that and see if things start working again.

Further investigation is still needed on my part, but since WPForo 2 seems to be in its “whoopsie, we overlooked stuff”-stage of the major release cycle, I’d rather wait for a week or two — when things are settled.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpforo-2-compatibility/

Thank you !

dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Both developers (wpforo and seo framework) didn't answer or helped in anything related to that issue. Here and at Wordpress.org.

(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Hope this gets sorted! SEO is a big deal for most of us with forums. I look forward tos eeing what happens here, good luck mate

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Hope this gets sorted! SEO is a big deal for most of us with forums. I look forward tos eeing what happens here, good luck mate

Sorted or not, i will move away from SEO Framework and never suggest it again.

Please read his recent replies in the link i posted above.

Bad attitude and bad language. So for now i'm looking for a SEO plugin to replace it (no, i will not use Yoast).

(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

I have been using Rank Math SEO for some considerable time, it might be worth a look if you're thinking of moving SEO plugin. So far it appears OK with V2 of WPForo V2

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @cmw14

I have been using Rank Math SEO for some considerable time, it might be worth a look if you're thinking of moving SEO plugin. So far it appears OK with V2 of WPForo V2

Thanks! Right now i'm trying SEOPress. As for Rank Math SEO, i will pass.

(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

Ooops that sounds like I made a poor choice. I'll be interested to follow your progress. Always keen to learn and improve.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @cmw14

Ooops that sounds like I made a poor choice. I'll be interested to follow your progress. Always keen to learn and improve.

No, it is a personal opinion based on the plugin description and what i read in webmasters forums. I prefere also everything to be done locally. No cloud services.

Whatever works for you.

Page 2 / 2