[Closed] Slow site

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@themegroup)
Trusted Member

Hi there.

Our site is running really slowly despite only having 60 forum members in total, and a handful actually posting in it. It was fine when launched, so I suspect it's something where we've added members over time, but none of the forum topics I've found seem to resolve it (or are so old they mention settings that don't seem to exist any more.

I gave you access a while back - it's theinvictacarclub.org - can you see if anything stands out? We're also using Ultimate Member, don't know if that may also be to blame?

Cheers,

Nick

8 Replies
Topic starter
(@themegroup)
Trusted Member

Hi there.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this? Site runs fine in incognito but once logged in slows right down.

Cheers!

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Start by removing CACHING from wpForo. NO caching allowed via a plugin.

You had a warning in the dashboard also about it.

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

Then, activate Standard Wordpress debug to a LOG for 24 hours and then check the log for errors.

Also this should point to the issues

https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/

2 Replies
(@themegroup)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression our caching plugin was set to not cache WP Foro and only cached the non-forum pages. Does it not look like that's the case?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @themegroup

@dimalifragis Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression our caching plugin was set to not cache WP Foro and only cached the non-forum pages. Does it not look like that's the case?

Why don't you check yourself the html source in the browser at the end to see if so?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@themegroup,

I see the whole website works very slowly. This is not only the forum. I'd recommend disable all plugins and check them one by one after activation.

3 Replies
(@themegroup)

Trusted Member

@robert I'll give that a go, but for me it's running really quickly in incognito and is fine until I log in.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@themegroup,

Ok, then this is a 100% cache issue.

What have you done to exclude wpForo from your cache plugin?

(@themegroup)

Trusted Member

@robert I'll need to refresh my memory on what we did as it was a while ago - the site was fine when it launched but has gradually slowed down which is why I'm picking it up several months later.

I'll open a support ticket with WP Rocket too - they may see some caching fine tuning / exceptions that will help. I just wanted to rule out that it was a know issue with the forum or with the integration with Ultimate Member, but if you suspect a caching issue I'll start there.

Cheers!

Nick.