Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Strong Passwords

7 Posts
3 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kenfern)
Eminent Member

Anyone find a strong passwords plugin to enforce upper and lower case letters, numbers, special characters and number of characters that plays nicely with WPforo or anyone aware of how you could put validation on WPforo password field to prevent configuring a password that doesn't meet these requirements. I have tried a few but the WPforo password reset form received via email link still allows you to put passwords that are not strong in. 

6 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Logins/users/passwords are handled by Wordpress and not wpForo. wpForo just provides kind of a "form" for easyness.

4 Replies
(@kenfern)

Eminent Member

Right but the form should be able to handle the validation. Perhaps some javascript could be leveraged on top since wpforo doesn't have this functionality natively?

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@kenfern 

The standard Wordpress password form/reset does enforce a strong password (with a built in random generator too) but the WPForo interface does not. It is a failing of WPForo, one which irritates my users to the degree that in settings/ features I turned "Replace Reset Password Page URL to Forum Reset Password Page URL" off so that the standard WP password system is used.

Works great but if you want to send your members to their account page to fill in your custom profile fields after resetting their password or login you will have set both login and registration after redirections to yourforumurl/account.

(@kenfern)

Eminent Member

@verek Hmm great idea! I was worried about users getting confused by the wp branding but I guess I could customize that to match. I think the wordpress form lets you over-ride and use a weak password though. I will have to test that and see if I can turn that off. Also I asked a similar question over at the user custom field addon paid forum and they said they would consider for a future release. I would pay the $35 easy for the addon for the ability to be able to just simply turn on strong password validation vs having to test/monkey around with other workarounds. Time is money!

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@kenfern 

You can brand the WP core login/password reset easily with https://wordpress.org/plugins/colorlib-login-customizer/

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @kenfern

Also I asked a similar question over at the user custom field addon paid forum and they said they would consider for a future release

It should be part of WPForo core!