Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The last update caused post url issue

15 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

Quick note.... I am using the following hook in my functions file that you shared a few months back.

add_filter('wpforo_build_direct_unread_post_url', '__return_true');
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

@robert

For me, when I just tried to link directly to the same post in this thread it didn't work. The LONG link which mimics what recent posts doesn't bring you to the post, only to the top of the page for that post. The short post works fine on this site and mine.

Long: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/the-last-update-caused-post-url-issue/#post-77793

Short: https://wpforo.com/community/postid/77793/

Those links are for one of my posts on page 1 of this thread.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@cotner,

I don't see any issue. I just clicked both URLs and both works fine.

BTW, try to delete wpForo caches in wpForo > Overview admin page, scroll down to find the button.

(@excalibur)

Trusted Member

@robert Problem is continuing even in this support forum. Can I record a screen capture video for you?

(@cotner)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @robert

BTW, try to delete wpForo caches in wpForo > Overview admin page, scroll down to find the button.

I did this several times. Cleared my site cache and CDN several times as well. What is strange is that I get the same behavior HERE, but you are not.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

On this forum it is broken too and not only the recent widget. It's broken on the entire recent page too.

1 Reply
(@martin)

Support Team

@verek,

I don't see the issue either. This is very strange. Please record a video if you can.

(@martin)
Support Team

Posted by: @cotner

I did this several times. Cleared my site cache and CDN several times as well. What is strange is that I get the same behavior HERE, but you are not.

Robert was talking about the wpForo cache. have you clicked the [Delete all caches] button in wpForo > Overview admin page?

Page 2 / 3