Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Translation

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@pyue6299)
Trusted Member

Hi, after i added new po and mo file to the plugin file directory, will it be deleted after an update? if so, how can i aviod the po and mo files being deleted?

thanks!

11 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Hi @pyue6299

you can paste the .mo and .po files in the following update safe directory

wp-content / languages / plugins

Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @pyue6299,

These two files should be located in /wp-content/languages/plugins/ directory or better use Loco Translate plugin to relocate the translation  files in a safe directory, e.g. in /wp-content/languages/loco/plugins/. Please make sure the po/mo files have wpforo- prefix, without this prefix you’ll they’ll not be processed.

More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/translation/translate-using-pot-file/

4 Replies
(@pyue6299)

Trusted Member

@alvina @tutrix

I have translated wpforo & wpforo_poll with satisfactory result and saved the files to Langauge > Plugin to aviod file deletion while on updates.

I am translating wpforo_Attach and added to the same directories. But the translation does not take into effect. I then insert the files directly to the pugin folder, also not working.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member
Posted by: @pyue6299

But the translation does not take into effect. I then insert the files directly to the pugin folder, also not working.

in which language do you translate

are you using the correct prefix for your language?

Example for German

wpforo_attach-de_DE.mo
wpforo_attach-de_DE.po

(@pyue6299)

Trusted Member

@tutrix Traditional Chinese. Please see the file name in the attached image:

wpforo_attach-zh_TW.mo

wpforo_attach-zh_TW.po

(@pyue6299)

Trusted Member

@tutrix

Any update thanks!

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@pyue6299

sorry I don't know why the translation doesn't work for you

try using Loco Translate as suggested by Alvina

or with Quick Translation – Phrases

4 Replies
(@pyue6299)

Trusted Member

@tutrix

i tried both the Loco and Quick Translation plugin. None have helped. And i discovered one thing, your wpforo advanced attachment just does not detect the change of language. All my other wpforo extension can change different language but just your advanced attachment. See the attached screenshot for further details. The extension just can't detect any change on language.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@pyue6299

try

Forums > Settings > Addons > Attachments > Front-end Phrases

(@pyue6299)

Trusted Member

@tutrix

I tried to amend My Media in Forums > Settings > Addons > Attachments > Front-end Phrases, but after i clicked SAVE and refresh the page, the amendment does not update and get reflected.

Please advise.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@pyue6299,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab and disable the Options Cache option. Then try changing the attachments settings again.