9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

WPforo 1.8.4

I have a support forum in Extended Layout format. I use the Solved/Unsolved to keep track of which topics still need work.

For some reason, only the 'unread posts' option is initially available in this format. (Side note: I thought I used to be able to Paste screen captures into these forums - I can in mine, but that doesn't seem to work here now.)

So, if I click on 'unread posts', then I get a list of unread posts. In this case none. But what I want is Unsolved Topics

But once I click on 'unread posts', I now get a dropdown with many options including 'Unsolved Topics'. If I choose that, even though I have unsolved topics in the forum, it says 'No topics were found here'.

Help?

Jeff

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @jeffjjones,

Side note: I thought I used to be able to Paste screen captures into these forums - I can in mine, but that doesn't seem to work here now.

There is no such an issue here, you can paste the screen captures in the forum now too.

But once I click on 'unread posts', I now get a dropdown with many options including 'Unsolved Topics'. If I choose that, even though I have unsolved topics in the forum, it says 'No topics were found here'.

There is no such issue on our test website.

Please delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend. Then go to the Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard, one by one click on "Delete User Cache" and "Delete All Caches" buttons and check again.

1 Reply
JeffJJones
(@jeffjjones)

Trusted Member

@alvina

Thanks Alvina. Did all of the above. Still not working. Also, still cannot attach a screenshot here by Ctrl+V into my reply (I can do this on my site in wpforo).

I notice that when I click on "unread topics" and then get the dropdown and I choose "unsolved topics" that the URL is "https://birdersdiary.com/forums/recent/?view=unsolved". I try removing "/recent" from the URL and I get every topic; solved and unsolved.

I am confused. This doesn't seem to be working correctly at all. 

Jeff

JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

If I go back and change the forum type to threaded, then I get options for Unread, Solved, Unsolved, Popular and they work.

P.s. I can attach a file to this reply, but I CANNOT ctrl+V and paste a screenshot into this reply.

Jeff

5 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

@jeffjjones,

Also, still cannot attach a screenshot here by Ctrl+V into my reply (I can do this on my site in wpforo).

Could you please record the video when copy/paste the image into your forum and post it here?

I notice that when I click on "unread topics" and then get the dropdown and I choose "unsolved topics" that the URL is "https://birdersdiary.com/forums/recent/?view=unsolved". I try removing "/recent" from the URL and I get every topic; solved and unsolved.

We are going to check it. I'll update the topic asap.

P.s. I can attach a file to this reply, but I CANNOT ctrl+V and paste a screenshot into this reply.

wpForo has a file attachment option on the editor, also it allows you to embed an image using URL, but we don't recommend copying it. More info:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/topics-posts/atatch-file-to-post/

Also, I'll suggest you to check the wpForo Advanced Attachments add-on. The add-on allows you to upload files by dragging them on your browser window.

More info here:  https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-advanced-attachments/

The related topics below:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting/insert-image-in-post/

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/cant-paste-image-in-to-the-forum/

JeffJJones
(@jeffjjones)

Trusted Member

@alvina

Hi Alina,

It seems as if I have not been clear on what I am reporting.

I have all of the Advanced wpforo add-ons for attachments on MY website. Embeds and 'advanced attachments'. That all works fine on MY website with wpforo. What I am saying is that you do NOT seem to have the 'advanced attachments' add-on HERE, in this forum at wpforo.com. On MY website, I can attach screenshots by Ctrl+V Paste operation into my posts and replies. On THIS website, and THIS forum, I cannot. This is not my problem, I am just merely notifying you of this. It would be very handy if I could simply copy/paste screenshots to show you things, but for some reason you do NOT have the add-on on THIS forum that allows for that. 

Now, back to MY website. When my forum is in threaded layout type, I have options for Solved, Unsolved, Unread, Popular; when clicked it shows topics that fit each category. When in extended layout, which I prefer and is what I want to use, these options are not available. There is only an option for Unread. If I click on this, it will show me my unread topics. Then, on this new page, there is a dropdown where I can select many options, some of which are solved, unsolved, etc. If I choose unsolved, it returns nothing in the list. But I know that I have unsolved topics. This is MY problem that I want help with. I want to use extended layout, and have options for seeing all unsolved topics.

Sorry for the confusion. I hope I have explained this better and separated what MY issue is apart from my comment on this site.

Thanks

Jeff

Alvina
(@alvina)

@jeffjjones,

That all works fine on MY website with wpforo. What I am saying is that you do NOT seem to have the 'advanced attachments' add-on HERE, in this forum at wpforo.com.

In the wpForo.com we do not have any add-ons, here only the wpForo core plugin.

If I choose unsolved, it returns nothing in the list. But I know that I have unsolved topics. This is MY problem that I want help with. I want to use extended layout, and have options for seeing all unsolved topics.

Please leave your forum URL to allow us to check it.

JeffJJones
(@jeffjjones)

Trusted Member
Alvina
(@alvina)

@jeffjjones,

If I choose unsolved, it returns nothing in the list. But I know that I have unsolved topics.

You do not get the unsolved topics, because there is a limit for return posts, it returns the result, not for all post. This is designed to allow forum works fast.

However to increase the recent post limit, please use the following hook:

add_filter('wpforo_recent_posts_limit', function(){return 100;});

Please note the red value marked in red is the number of posts and it can be changed.