Clear all

[Closed] Users become inactive when changing passwords

7 Posts
6 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@guitarnoise)
Eminent Member

I have a strange problem with users resetting their passwords. Every time a user password is reset the account becomes inactive and needs admin approval again. I tested a few accounts on my site and confirmed this. Change the password and the account becomes inactive.

I have tried emptying all caches and disabling plugins. At the moment, users can't change passwords without asking me for help to get back into their accounts.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

6 Replies
(@engin)
Trusted Member

Hi (@guitarnoise),

I had a similar problem. Did you check the Forum settings?

Login & Registration --> Enable User Manually Approval System = Should be NO

1 Reply
(@guitarnoise)

Eminent Member

@engin Thanks for the reply.

Yes, currently I do have the Manual Approval turned on. It's been really helpful for stopping spam signups. I didn't know it was breaking the password reset until a user who has been away for a few years tried to logged in again. I guess it might be a bug.

Thanks again.

(@cotner)
Estimable Member

I am not fond of this either... I have manual user approval for spam reasons as well, resetting a password by a user already approved should not have to be done manually as well. But it is just one of those things we have to live with.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi all,

We're checking this issue. If this is a core bug, it'll be fixed in the next version.

(@moptop)
Eminent Member

I also just setup a new forum that needs to have manual approval and the password reset function is deacivating the members' accounts. This would be great if there was an option to turn this off, so only NEW users need the approval process, not returning users that forgot their password.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@moptop,

Inserted in the to-do list, would be fixed in the new version.