Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Visting topic gets a blank screen?

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@kfeuerherm)

I have recently installed this plug-in and got it partially working with great difficulty (I had a hard time making sense of category/forum and getting the Add Topic button to appear) so I may have made a bit of a mess somewhere along the line....

In any event, I finally managed to post my first topic (yea!) but when I click on it, I end up on a blank page. This is intended as a forum for registered users only so if I should change something so that people can look, let me know.

I've attached screenshots of what I see. As I'm the admin, I would think this should work regardless of permissions and the like. In any case, I have no idea why I can't access the post now that it's there....

NB: I just created another test site in my multisite, and that works fine there. I assume the mess is somehow caused by my having tried to tamper with slugs and so on. So far, the site has no real content other than my one post, so worst case, I could delete the site and start again, though I'm awaiting invited user confirmations and would rather avoid that, as well as losing my post, since it's pretty long and complex!
Topic Tags
3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @kfeuerherm

Navigate to Dashboard > Pages, find Forum page, check the Page slug and Page ID.

Then navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Boards, edit the main Board, and make sure that the Board ID and Slug are the same as the Page ID and Slug.

Topic starter
(@kfeuerherm)

Thanks, that seems to have worked. I’ll test some more later….

in doing this, I noted the field “title” on wpforo > Boards. It says “used in menu”. Where, exactly? I am wondering whether the contents here matter….

Quick response much appreciated! Happy to leave a review once I’ve tinkered a bit more.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@kfeuerherm,

If you have more than one board, you will see the current board in the Dashboard with that Title.